Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1

Virage TX hard to start

Hey Al here's the Picture's I told you about:

For the rest of you guys one of my 2001 Virage TX's the last time out won't restart some of the time after sitting during riding that day unless I use the Choke. This is after the ski's sits for awhile, when on the water if you turn it off to BS with someone for less than a minute it will restart. I kinda fiddle with the choke to get it to fire, I pull the choke full out it fires and dies then I use 1/4 choke it starts and runs, basicly the same routine as when they are started for the 1st time when cold. I pulled the carbs and went through them, didn't see any problem with debris or fuel gumming, insides of fuel lines looked good. Still I cleaned and blew the carbs out just in case I couldn't see something. The only thing I did not touch was the low speed mixture screws. Any ideas on whats next if it does the same when I test it on Sun?
    Here a couple of pictures and of the spark plugs from left PTO to right Mag
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0030.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	995.5 KB 
ID:	29648   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0032.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	509.2 KB 
ID:	29649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0033.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	773.5 KB 
ID:	29650   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0034.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	447.4 KB 
ID:	29651  

+1
    Try opening the lows 1/4-1/2 turns out just to see if the extra fuel works. Maybe the pulse is getting a little weaker or maybe the fuel pump diaghrams don't pull as well, maybe the lines are starting to close down just a little bit. Maybe a few things like that are happening and combined you wind up a hair lean.

+1
    Thanks Al, I'll let you know what happens on Sunday

+1
    Good Luck and I hope to see you guys in a couple of weeks.

+1
    I'll be there, I'll be the only guy other than you on a Polaris if the North is anything like the south. I might have to come in on Sat mid-day and miss that ride but am off the following week so will be staying to Monday at least. My wife can't make it now (or is it ) since my hand model daughter has to volunteer at school benefit that weekend since she is on cheer/and student council. What ever you do stay clear of Jammer1 and why am I staying in his camp ?LOL

+1
    Hell, we're going to see if Jammers ride will hold up to the rigors of real testing. LOL

+1
    Well that could be the most exciting thing going on that weekend-his ski is in a bajillion pieces right now and better be ready that week
    Last Sept we went on a group ride and Jammer1 disappeared -well his story is he saw a set of double D's on the beach went to close and sucked a rock but they hit it off. My story was it was a seal he saw and he impregnated it causing some mutant man-seal, here the latest post from one of the guys "over there" on Jammer1

Re: San Diego or Oceanside ride to be planned

http://www.pwctoday.com/attachment.p...1&d=1183137095

NEWSFLASH:

FBI today reported MIA Jammie the seal is missing. Sources say that Jammie was abducted by long time non-amphibious boyfriend Jammer1 and forced to commit lewd acts with her flippers to raise money for Seadoo repairs and mullet haircuts. FBI has said to be on the lookout for a brown or black off road vehicle with a large tank of mackeral attached to the rear. The suspect Jammer1 was described as 4'3" tall, asexual, with an 80's mullit haircut, and a tatoo that say's "I love a tight seal" on his small undeveloped lift bicep. We believe the 'tight seal' tatoo is a reference to tupperware from his earlier sales days.

FBI warn's that communicating with this suspect will result in long senseless internet communications, and a numbing sensation that can last for several days.

+1
    boy is this off topic-but it is Friday night West Coast time!

+1
    LOL This should be a great outing.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate33 View Post
    Hey Al here's the Picture's I told you about:

For the rest of you guys one of my 2001 Virage TX's the last time out won't restart some of the time after sitting during riding that day unless I use the Choke. This is after the ski's sits for awhile, when on the water if you turn it off to BS with someone for less than a minute it will restart. I kinda fiddle with the choke to get it to fire, I pull the choke full out it fires and dies then I use 1/4 choke it starts and runs, basicly the same routine as when they are started for the 1st time when cold. I pulled the carbs and went through them, didn't see any problem with debris or fuel gumming, insides of fuel lines looked good. Still I cleaned and blew the carbs out just in case I couldn't see something. The only thing I did not touch was the low speed mixture screws. Any ideas on whats next if it does the same when I test it on Sun?
    Here a couple of pictures and of the spark plugs from left PTO to right Mag
    Pirate, after reading your post I think I know whats going on. you have a leak in your fuel system. Imagin this to best explain it. you take a straw and suck some fluid on it. now put your thumb......the other thumb, dum, dum...... on the end of the straw. that fluid should not move unless air displaces it. get it! somewhere, your fuel is flowing back down. that explain that you have to use the choke, but dies after 1/4 or so( it dies because you are hitting air pockets in the fuel lines. there is no consistency in fuel delivery. If I am right about this, then consider this that I am helping you so you can come back to Califonia, so I can choke the living krappp out of your neck. I hope I am right on this one. if a polaris has a diaphram type in the fuel system...this is the first place to start,proces of elimination to solve the problem. your name is on the last line of the process.....................Jammie right

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information