Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Mudbug Video Challenge

Since there's no real motivation to make a video we should up the stakes a little and bring money or parts into play. I was thinking of opening a paypal account much like the Mudbug fund and giving the creator of the best video the balance. I myself am willing to put forth $25. Maybe 50% of the winnings could even go TO the Mudbug fund. I first thought about this when I realized from the past Mudbug that KNR tried to get all the video sent to him and was going to make a masterpiece but no one gave him the material. We have a good start with the NCheel and the Danny versions of Mudbug. If someone put together a great video or even a compilation + some maybe people would even be interested in purchasing copies. To ensure the winner deserved the prize fund I would say there needs to be a 20 minute in length minimum.

Just thought I'd share the idea and see if anyone had more to add on or was interested in attempting it. I snapped all the pictures my digital camera could hold (13) and I put the best ones up in the Mudbug section, but it's definitely not close to satisfying. I'm sure with the material that has already surfaced from Mike Irvin's photos to Danny's , RXP Steve's, and NCheel's video footage, and the dozens of video cameras floating around at the 'Bug it's quite possible to put something very nice together that could be cherished forever. Thanks to those who have already put forth effort and hard work including shooting the film, editing, and sharing.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    You know I planned on having hours of video of the Bug to put together a great recap/tribute. Once I got there I had so much fun riding and chatting that I kept forgetting to tape anything and had to force myself to tape on Fri. morning. Once I got home I was disappointed in the small amount of the weekend I had recorded since I had such high hopes for my compilation and the fact that my new Vista computer crashes everytime I try to place a transition in a video that I threw together what I posted and trashed the original video out of disgust with myself. I also only took like 12 pics while I was there. Well there's always next year.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    You know I planned on having hours of video of the Bug to put together a great recap/tribute. Once I got there I had so much fun riding and chatting that I kept forgetting to tape anything and had to force myself to tape on Fri. morning. Once I got home I was disappointed in the small amount of the weekend I had recorded since I had such high hopes for my compilation and the fact that my new Vista computer crashes everytime I try to place a transition in a video that I threw together what I posted and trashed the original video out of disgust with myself. I also only took like 12 pics while I was there. Well there's always next year.
    Ditto, it was too much fun to be videotaping.

+1
    I have a friend that is a professional cameraman (with his own equipment). He works for a Hispanic TV station here in Houston, and films a lot of sporting events. He and I chatted about this exact thing. When you are there riding, racing, and mingling with folks its hard to take pics or video. He was going to come with me just to film, but it was going to cost me about $2500.00 + room and board for the 3 days.
    I didn't pursue it till too late in the game. He and I talked about making an actual movie (DVD) to sell, just to recoup the expenses.

Next year if I have a couple of investers, I am going to push for this.

You guys would pay $20-30 for an hour long professionally edited movie wouldnt you ?

Banned User
    +1
    I can film with cameras, thats easy...I got 2 cameras for the ski (small ones)....I'm gonna get a new one by next year to make transfer better...

I did get a DVD of Bob's stuff, which helps on all the people shots...

f people can make a copy via cd or DVD and send it to me, I got no problem editing....it was fun....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    f people can make a copy via cd or DVD and send it to me, I got no problem editing....it was fun....
    I only wish I actually had video to send to you

+1
    Hey, on my last post no offence was intended towards any of you guys... y'all did a great job of recording the event.

+1
    I agree. I have no problem paying $20-30 for a well put together hour long video of Mudbug. I had planned on recording a lot but my tapes got erased through airport security. I thought the camera was broke but it turns out it's the tapes that broke. If I had known I would've purchased more during the stay in LA and tried to capture some good shots.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I have a friend that is a professional cameraman (with his own equipment). He works for a Hispanic TV station here in Houston, and films a lot of sporting events. He and I chatted about this exact thing. When you are there riding, racing, and mingling with folks its hard to take pics or video. He was going to come with me just to film, but it was going to cost me about $2500.00 + room and board for the 3 days.
    I didn't pursue it till too late in the game. He and I talked about making an actual movie (DVD) to sell, just to recoup the expenses.

Next year if I have a couple of investers, I am going to push for this.

You guys would pay $20-30 for an hour long professionally edited movie wouldnt you ?
    Thats a dam good idea WFO!!!!! I love the videos but I love to ride more, I am in on this deal, maybe everyone that is interested should "pre-order" this video to help get the financials going for this production, we could all become the "investers". If everyone kicks in $25 now I bet we could get all that money together by next year.

Youtube has a 100mb, 10 min limit. Long format won't work there.

BTW, You mean people would pay money, and I sent it to Danny for FREE? Bought a $350 Sony lipstick camera for the Seadoo, brought my $700 camcorder and spent hours editing it after I got back and I could have made cash for it? I was going to shoot the radar runs but my camera was used to shoot the radar gun. Next time I'll bring more cameras!

I'll re-edit my own version if it's for moola!

As far as next year's video goes, make sure ALL the money is collected up front, because the second the video is released, one purchaser will dub it off for everyone else. Been there too many times...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information