Need help, no power!

I have a 2002 Genesis i which I just put the engine back in after having Richie Sharp rebuild it for me, but the only way I can get the mfd to come on is to hook up a jumpstarter box to the starter solenoid with the lanyard in and will will display while the engine turns over, i've tried tracing wires from one end to the other but have had no luck resolving the problem, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

+1
    Billy
    The red wire to the solenoid from the battery (thicker one )should have a smaller wire as well from the fuse area .This powers the MFD etc .make sure that you have the wire on correct .If you have the small wire on the wire to the starter this will only power up the MFD etc while you bridge the solenoid as it sounds you are doing

Let us know

Cheers

Bernie

Thanks alot Bernie, you hit it right on the head, but I hooked everything up according to my wire diagram, facing the solenoid it shows the wires being the other way around, which was the way I had them, does it matter which side of the solenoid is used for the battery, and starter?, thanks alot again.

+1
    That really shouldn't matter as you're just closing the circuit when the starter button is activated.

Thanks alot guys, tremendous help for sure, now i'm not to far from the water....cheers

+1
    Billy
    As Craft says As long as the wire for the MFD is with the cable from the battery +ve all will work fine .The solenoid should be the brown colour one .If not change it as the early black ones used to stay engaged sometimes and destroy bendix, fly wheel, stator, etc as well as leave you stranded .Always keep a coin in the galsses box on your ski to short across the solenoid if you get caught out with a no start on the water

Cheers

Bernie

Thread Information