Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    ARNYGOLLOTT3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Biloxi, MS
    Posts
    810

    S/C movement, how much is too much?

    As some of you have read, and advised on my earlier thread and I have thank you, I am not turning up enough RPM's. I was low on oil, could low oil be the problem alone? I changed spark plugs, will ride tomorrow and test, however my main concern is the S/C. I removed the intake hose and was barely able to spin the wheel, with much effort I could move it a few millimeters before it would stop, I could only move it back and forth a few mm. Is this movement normal, or does my S/C need some attention? This a 2005 RXP stage 1, blus Skat SS wear ring and triple bearing pump, rr solid mount and 158 thermostat and of course GH metal washers that have been shimmed once. Again I am only getting about 7600 RPM's...Help!


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ARNYGOLLOTT3 View Post
    I removed the intake hose and was barely able to spin the wheel, with much effort I could move it a few millimeters before it would stop, I could only move it back and forth a few mm.
    That is completely normal. It is just the play between the gears.

    You have a problem if you can spin the SC wheel around completely.

  3. #3
    ARNYGOLLOTT3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Biloxi, MS
    Posts
    810
    took almost a quart of oil to get just below half way mark on the dip stick indicator, could this have been by 400 rpm's? I changed spark plugs, they were about a year old also...just to be thorough...

  4. #4

    Ok this Creepy!!

    I was just outside checking my SC (GTX LTD 07) and I found my impellar is spinning like a wheel on a toy car!!! I started the ski and with my wife make-up mirror I could clearly see the impellar was not moving. I even gave it some gas and moved about 10mm!!! I am PISSSED!!!!!!!

    Believe it or not I put my ski in the shop two weeks ago after GH Team set me streight to get the SC washers checked. THey changed them but on the very next ride with my mate who has a 06 GTX Limited and he rides fast dusted me. He has never had a problem with his SC (luck of the draw). My ski's speed was like this first it only went 50mph+/- then 48mph+/- then 45mph+/-then I WENT HOME!!!

    I had deep talk with the dealer saying this crap. Good Ski but if I put the metal washers in then my warranty is toast. Where I live the average wave hieght is 3-4 ft most of the year. How can I keep it stock and ride it like I stole it!!! (Don't answer that).

    Bermy Guy (I hope my story makes you feel better)

  5. #5
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,626
    +1
    806
    Don't tell your dealer about the metal washers and it won't void your warranty. I also think I saw on here that by installing metal washers the dealer cannot legally refuse your warranty service. The metal washers are the only way you'll be able to ride it like you stole it and have your machine be safe at the same time.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bermy guy View Post
    Good Ski but if I put the metal washers in then my warranty is toast.
    That's when I say piss on the warranty. The ski isn't doing you a damn bit of good when it's in the shop for a month or more having the warranty work done on it.

    Like myself and other Michigan riders have said before on here, the warranty is pointless to us. Our riding season is too short, and if you need warranty work done on something like an SC failure then you've pretty much lost your summer anyways.

  7. #7
    agibbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by bermy guy View Post
    I was just outside checking my SC (GTX LTD 07) and I found my impellar is spinning like a wheel on a toy car!!! I started the ski and with my wife make-up mirror I could clearly see the impellar was not moving. I even gave it some gas and moved about 10mm!!! I am PISSSED!!!!!!!

    Believe it or not I put my ski in the shop two weeks ago after GH Team set me streight to get the SC washers checked. THey changed them but on the very next ride with my mate who has a 06 GTX Limited and he rides fast dusted me. He has never had a problem with his SC (luck of the draw). My ski's speed was like this first it only went 50mph+/- then 48mph+/- then 45mph+/-then I WENT HOME!!!

    I had deep talk with the dealer saying this crap. Good Ski but if I put the metal washers in then my warranty is toast. Where I live the average wave hieght is 3-4 ft most of the year. How can I keep it stock and ride it like I stole it!!! (Don't answer that).

    Bermy Guy (I hope my story makes you feel better)
    Hey man, I ride Seadoo in Bermuda as well, sorry to hear you are/were having trouble with yours. It's an 07 right?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How cold is too cold
    By skyline2962 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 01:55 PM
  2. How warm is too warm?
    By hawkrdr in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 08:28 PM
  3. Summer RPM's (How low is too low?)
    By Mike's GPR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 07:47 PM
  4. How hot is too Hot huh...?
    By la90043 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 10:08 PM
  5. how cold is too cold for i/c?
    By born riding in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 11:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •