Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

8160 Rpm Speedo Locked At 70

bought my ski over to someone i meet 2 weekends ago he emptied alot of extra oil out? hope this this is ok i checked it it seems full still. but he removed the computer behind the white panel in front and removed or he said he removed a trace or wire? dont know i really didnt want him messing up my ski but tried it today cant tell how fast the speedo at 70 but the tach goes to 8160 . the most i have seen was 7550 and the ski seems alot faster. also told me to get the lx pump wedge that it would raise the rmp even more. does anyone know if reving it this high is bad or not he said it was fine but ??? dont want to void warranty i have 3 years left and a bunch of payments.

+1
    8160rpms is unreal!

i like the speed but too afraid to blow this thing up ,, the book says 7700 rmp i going to ask him to set it back ,, i have too many payments to make, cant afford the motor to go.

Just find out what he did to get those kind of rpm's. Mine has never been anywhere close to that. The rev limiter is set at 8900 so you are not turning to many. I sure would like to get mine to turn that many. Let us know what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINATOR U-3358 View Post
    bought my ski over to someone i meet 2 weekends ago he emptied alot of extra oil out? hope this this is ok i checked it it seems full still. but he removed the computer behind the white panel in front and removed or he said he removed a trace or wire? dont know i really didnt want him messing up my ski but tried it today cant tell how fast the speedo at 70 but the tach goes to 8160 . the most i have seen was 7550 and the ski seems alot faster. also told me to get the lx pump wedge that it would raise the rmp even more. does anyone know if reving it this high is bad or not he said it was fine but ??? dont want to void warranty i have 3 years left and a bunch of payments.
    the r-6 myth lives !

Here we go again. What wire did he remove?

Quote Originally Posted by GDM View Post
    the r-6 myth lives !

i dont know if it was a wire or what he took out, but is 8160rpm too high,, the book and everything i read says 7700 rpm is max need to know right answer cant take a chance on blowing the motor anyone know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINATOR U-3358 View Post
    i dont know if it was a wire or what he took out, but is 8160rpm too high,, the book and everything i read says 7700 rpm is max need to know right answer cant take a chance on blowing the motor anyone know for sure.
    The rev limit is 8900 so no it should be fine. What you need to do though is get this guy who did this and have him tell you EXACTLY what he did, or tell him to sign on here and post what he did.
    That is if you are being truthful right now.

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information