clear check engine code

please tell me how to clear the check engine code .the dealer tells me that this can only be done by their computer ? 2001 polaris virage 1200
    is there not a sequence of buttons to push?
    also there is only 5 hours on the ski is it a good idea to have it serviced to check torque settings etc.

Welcome!

+1
    Need a bit more info
    If its an Injected engine it will store it
    If you fix the problem it will go out .If it is a hard code ie over heat ,then the computer (if it is injected )will store it until it is cleared by the tech guy at the shop .but the light will go out once the problem is solved
    Check reverse bucket ,oil in tank etc What is read on the screen when the light flashes?

Cheers

Bernie

hey fellow ausie,yes the ski is injected {ficht} the engine code stays on the after awhile the red light comes on. doesnt overheat .
    funny you mention the reverse bucket the reverse messege was on for a while. i was going to change the plugs what else should i check ? seems to run alright. hate to run with the code on >>>>
    nigel { thanks for your reply]

+1
    Nigel is the ski running at low revs ?or does it perform ok ?
    Can be air temp sender as it has a bracket against it and causes them to fail .It is under the aircleaner mount That will put a light on but not put it in slow mode
    .Check oil in oil tank.

pm me your ph and I will call you to help you out
    Bernie

Hope This Helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Can be air temp sender as it has a bracket against it and causes them to fail .It is under the aircleaner mount That will put a light on but not put it in slow mode
    .Check oil in oil tank.

Bernie
    HEY BERNIE U R THE MAN! QUICK RUN DOWN ON THE SKI : 2001 HAD 3.3 HRS UNTILL I RAN IT FOR THE FIRST TIME SAT WEEK AGO. PUTTED THROUGH THE HARBOUR , GAVE IT GAS AT THE OCEAN WALL, COUGHED SPLUTTERED FOR 100 YARDS THEN CAME GOOD . ALTHOUGH WHEN I DID LEAVE THE DOCK IT KEPT SHOWING REVERSE ON DASH SCREEN . RAN FINE FULL REVS FOR THE WHOLE TIME I WAS OUT BUT KEEPS SHOWING {CHECK ENGINE} WHEN I WASHED IT OUT AND RAN THE HOSE THROUGH IT , WASNT GIVING FULL THROTLE. .....
    HAVENT RAN SINCE .
    I GUESS HAS ABOUT 5.5 HRS NOW {WASNT BREAKING DOWN SO FIGURED IT WASNT RUNNING HOT } COULD SEE THAT IT WAS USING OIL. THE SKI IS IN MINT COND JUST ONLY EVER USED ONCE .
    WOULD GIVE YOU PH. NO BUT I AM IN THE U.S. {VENTURA - OXNARD } CA.

APPRECIATE YOUR CORRESPONDENCE
    REGARDS NIGEL

+1
    Nigel ,No phones over there?Voip costs very little about 2.7 c/minute unless you have skype then it is free.Consider installing it and then send me you call card .
    Cheers
    Bernie

update

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    .Check oil in oil tank.

Bernie
    O.K HAD A CLOSER INSPECTION. CONECTED BAT, DASH READS 'REVERSE'
    DISCONECT WIRE HARNESS TO REVERSE MOTOR DRIVE DASH READS " BAT 11.7 VOLTS, 5.1 HRS
    START ; RUNS , READS CHECK ENGINE , RED LIGHT ON . STOP.
    HOW MUCH OIL SHOULD IT USE ? BOTTLE STILL FULL . USED FROM FILLER TUBE TOO TOP CAP IN 2 HOURS. OIL LINE FROM BOTTLE SOFT , 3 OIL LINES FROM PUMP HARD ,IS THIS FROM THE PRESSURE OF PUMP? THIS IS WHEN NOT RUNNING
    I BELEIVE THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD REAR BUCKET ASSEMBLY AND MAY BE DRIVE UNIT OFF AT ONE POINT, WHY WOULD THE WIRING HARNESS HAVE TO BE DISCONNECTED FOR DASH TO SHOW BAT ,VOLTS,ETC?
    NIGEL
    Last edited by ausiec5; 07-03-2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: NEW INFO

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ausiec5 View Post
    O.K HAD A CLOSER INSPECTION. CONECTED BAT, DASH READS 'REVERSE'
    DISCONECT WIRE HARNESS TO REVERSE MOTOR DRIVE DASH READS " BAT 11.7 VOLTS, 5.1 HRS
    START ; RUNS , READS CHECK ENGINE , RED LIGHT ON . STOP.
    HOW MUCH OIL SHOULD IT USE ? BOTTLE STILL FULL . USED FROM FILLER TUBE TOO TOP CAP IN 2 HOURS. OIL LINE FROM BOTTLE SOFT , 3 OIL LINES FROM PUMP HARD ,IS THIS FROM THE PRESSURE OF PUMP? THIS IS WHEN NOT RUNNING
    I BELEIVE THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD REAR BUCKET ASSEMBLY AND MAY BE DRIVE UNIT OFF AT ONE POINT, WHY WOULD THE WIRING HARNESS HAVE TO BE DISCONNECTED FOR DASH TO SHOW BAT ,VOLTS,ETC?
    NIGEL
    Try pressing the "SET" button, but CHECK ENGINE is for DFI engines only and indicates a warning condition from the DFI engine control-do as Bernie is helping with and get Sky Type if needed to talk with him!!!
    The oil useage is about equal to my Carb TX's the lines sound normal with the 3 from the oil pump hard and the one from the oil tank to pump being soft

+1
    Ok Disconnect the MFD plug and wait for a few minutes sAy 5 mins .Then reconnect and it will reset itself .Then if the problem still exists we will go from there.Does it idle well? smooth or it it lazy on a cylinder ?.Have you checked the air temp sensor and heat sensor for the readings from them .?

Bernie

Thread Information