Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy Please help me im going insane because of this

I bought a 250X in march and i have never had it over 52 mph. i took it to the dealer they put a new impellar in it and nothing changed. they have it again now and put ne plugs in it and got it to 56. they havent a clew whats wrong. pleas if anyone has an idea please tell me cause i know thats not fast enough. i have missed half the season here because its been at the shop. i tested with gps and the speedo is only off by 1 or 2 mph. please any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

+1

Right Key?

The Kawa comes with two keys, one that limits it and the other that
    allows full operation, make sure you have the fast one in, orange one.

Are you sure you recorded speed with a GPS? The on board speedo
    reads up to 20mph slow on most of these ski's. You have to adjust
    the pickup down to get any kind of accurate reading.

i have the fast key and i used a garmin gps and it was really close on the speedo

Quote Originally Posted by ddh0312 View Post
    i have the fast key and i used a garmin gps and it was really close on the speedo
    Several factors are involed in getting the higher sppeds.

Your weight
    Cargo weight
    Water and air conditions
    Higher speeds are mostly achieved on on a few gallons left in the tank.
    Elevation

My speedo reads around 55-62 avg with me 217lbs , My daughter 115 and about 15lbs of cargo and a full tank of gas. No mods. On very light chop.

Near then end of the riding day I push the machine faster and gain about 5 mph when the gas tank is almost empty.

If your riding on flat conditions alone on about a half tank of gas then you should be in the low to mid 60's if not higher.

Question

I bought a 250X in march and i have never had it over 52 mph. i took it to the dealer they put a new impellar in it and nothing changed. they have it again now and put ne plugs in it and got it to 56. they havent a clew whats wrong. pleas if anyone has an idea please tell me cause i know thats not fast enough. i have missed half the season here because its been at the shop. i tested with gps and the speedo is only off by 1 or 2 mph. please any suggestions will be very much appreciated.
    You need to buy a GPS to get an accurate MPH on the ski.

Check your Oil Level!!

Find another dealer!

+1

Okay,
    first of all, it should be going a MINIMUM of 64-65mph at 1500ft or less.

If you are at a high altitude, please tell us what it is. This can effect rpms and speed as well.

Secondly, find a new dealer, and state your case. Bring in your gps, and also, have your maximum rpms recorded on smooth water. Make sure that the new dealer isn't owned by the same company as the first dealer. Common practice these days...

I will warn you, that at this point in the game, if you commit a new dealer to the battle, you are probably DONE riding your new $11k watercraft for the summer.

Consider posting where you are at. Maybe there are local riders that can help diagnose your problem?

SeaDoocer
    Definitely check your oil. Read the post a the top by TeamMotto..it goes into depth about "exactly" how to change or add oil! You DON'T want to fill it to full anyway..read it, it will help you!

yesterday i took it out for a test the oil was right on full i got it to 55-56 on flat as can be water with about 5-7 gallons left of fuel. i way about 260 and my elevation is 5200-5400ft. the dealers gonna try putting some bearings and seals in the impeller vein so we'll see what happens i guess. everyone i ask say it should run in the sixties or so. i dont know what to do, i'm pretty upset when my frieds waverunner with 160 hp goes faster than mine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information