Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Virage 800di Won't Start, No Fuel Pressure??

I have a Virage 800di that won't start. When I depress the tire stem fitting in the fuel line when it is cranking, there is no pressure and hardly gas comes out. But, when I pour a little gas down the throttle body, it eventually starts and runs fine. Could this be the fuel pump? Why would it run good after pouring gas down if the fuel pump is bad? I did try Bernies suggestion and removed the TPS connector, but that didn't make any difference. Battery is like new with 12.3 volts.

If it is fuel pump, how about using an automotive electric pump as a new Polaris one is $350? Does anyone have a wiring diagram.. which hot wire can I tap into? Finally, what are those thin silver pieces that are in some of the fuse holders? Thanks for all the help!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cgustafs View Post
    I have a Virage 800di that won't start. When I depress the tire stem fitting in the fuel line when it is cranking, there is no pressure and hardly gas comes out. But, when I pour a little gas down the throttle body, it eventually starts and runs fine. Could this be the fuel pump? Why would it run good after pouring gas down if the fuel pump is bad? I did try Bernies suggestion and removed the TPS connector, but that didn't make any difference. Battery is like new with 12.3 volts.

If it is fuel pump, how about using an automotive electric pump as a new Polaris one is $350? If you go this route, try one for a boat as they are going to be geared more towards water abuse.
    Does anyone have a wiring diagram.. which hot wire can I tap into? Finally, what are those thin silver pieces that are in some of the fuse holders? Thanks for all the help!
    The silver strip is the actual element that will split or be broken when the fuse is no good. Test it with an ohmeter if you're not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cgustafs View Post
    Does anyone have a wiring diagram..
    Ask and you shall receive!

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=15437&page=2

There is some other great DI info in the tech section under "domestic electrical"

Hope this helps. Let us know what you find.

Thanks

You guys are great!!!!!!!!!!! I will let you know what I find.

+1
    Billy willy
    Red/ white wire is hot(12 vconstant .It is fused by 15 amp in fuse holder .Brown wire to fuel pump should be to earth to run .You can ground the brown wire and see if the pump functions .Ground it to the battery-Negativeve .If it works then and not when you connect it back up we go to the next stage

Cheers

Bernie

+1
    Billy Brown goes to No 40 in the main plug to the computer .Check these wires for continuity with an ohm meter .I have had them partily cut at factory and corrode through .Check plug wires at front of computer for chaffing .Make sure the fuel pump fuse is good .

Good luck

Bernie

+1
    Sorry
    Push bilgere button and see if it will work as you crank
    Let me know

Bernie

+1
    Fuel pump resistance I have at 72.4 OHMS
    If you have a dead short it will read 0000 Or open if there is a wire broken off .If so pull it out (the pump assy)and go to a mtor spares shop and buy a pump you can submenrge in the fuel and use it .Some of the GM pumps have a filter gauze in the base of them .Don't be afraid to mod it to work it out
    While you are there check that there isn't a peice of black hose with a brass section on the end sitting beside the pump .That is the fuel regulator and they fall out .You will see where it goes back in .Push it in its spot on the return line to the tank .It is above where you find it .It pushes in .Use a little drill and drill through the plastic that holds it in place and wire it in .If you don't it will come out one day and can lean out your engine causing you to need a tow using the rope that you keep in the front compartment .

Cheers

Bernie

Will check out

Bernie, these are all great ideas. I will check out and get back to you.

+1
    The diode problem on the txi is not an issue with the Vrage I .
    Check fuse to fuel pump You should have power all the time to it .Earth the brown wire from the fuel pump and it will work if it is able to .If not pull it out and check it out .Are your fuel injectors clicking?Hose swelling when cranking?

Bernie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information