Thread: is this normal?

+1

is this normal?

Hello,
    I have a 2006 gp1300r with (mods) power flame arrestor, D-Plate, EFI Control set at 5-5-1-7 (per another post),Free Flow Exhaust,Pump Seal Kit,Top-Loader,Solas 14/20,Riva Ride Plate,Riva Trim Tabs,tiny tack & 23hr on ski.
    Water temp.84 degrees, Air temp. 88 Degrees, 92 octane pump gas, Running In mostly on Flat salt water.
    When I'm running from about 4300 rpm's to about 4650-4700 rpm's, I get a rumble sound from the exhaust,with no gain it mph. Almost like a dead spot in the rpm range, but when it clears up at 4650 or 4700 you can feel it pull. Not sure why,or if this is normal?
    Other than that seems to be running o.k., I need to get a gps so I can track my speed. On my oem gauge I'am hitting 75-76 mph. but I know that off.
    My next mods are looking to be a jet works kit and riva stuffers (already have them just need to put them in). Also looking at a Pump Reinforcement kit. Does any one else make them any cheeper than riva?
    Will I feel any change with the stuffers?
    More less trying not to get to much it to the motor, I still want a reliable ski.
    sorry for the long post, thanks for any help!!
    Gabriel Medina
    corpus christi,TX

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 07vette View Post
    Hello,
    I have a 2006 gp1300r with (mods) power flame arrestor, D-Plate, EFI Control set at 5-5-1-7 (per another post),Free Flow Exhaust,Pump Seal Kit,Top-Loader,Solas 14/20,Riva Ride Plate,Riva Trim Tabs,tiny tack & 23hr on ski.
    Water temp.84 degrees, Air temp. 88 Degrees, 92 octane pump gas, Running In mostly on Flat salt water.
    When I'm running from about 4300 rpm's to about 4650-4700 rpm's, I get a rumble sound from the exhaust,with no gain it mph. Almost like a dead spot in the rpm range, but when it clears up at 4650 or 4700 you can feel it pull. Not sure why,or if this is normal?
    Other than that seems to be running o.k., I need to get a gps so I can track my speed. On my oem gauge I'am hitting 75-76 mph. but I know that off.
    My next mods are looking to be a jet works kit and riva stuffers (already have them just need to put them in). Also looking at a Pump Reinforcement kit. Does any one else make them any cheeper than riva?
    Will I feel any change with the stuffers?
    More less trying not to get to much it to the motor, I still want a reliable ski.
    sorry for the long post, thanks for any help!!
    Gabriel Medina
    corpus christi,TX
    Hey Gabriel

The stuffers will yeild about 50rpms on top.

R&D makes the reinforcement piece. It is available from them, also Riva, Island racing, or you can go thru Jerry's online store for a 10% discount.

Sounds like you need to raise the crossover a little on your boat.

PM me your number and I will help get you dialed in.

Rich

+1

crossover

What # on the crossover setting is too high? 9, I'm at 7 right now. If the rain lets-up I will try the #8. Just trying to find out what I should NOT go over.

Also, the adjustment on the EFI dial, you set the #'s as if it was a clock?
    so #7 would be 7:00 on the dial. just want to make sure. Looks like the dial has some #'s on it they are very small.

thanks ,
    Gabriel

+1
    Yes,the dial #'s are like a clock,except that the dials have no 12,just 1 thru 11.

For the 12 oclock position to be on top you have to look at controller so that the lights are to the right of the dials.

Just ignore the etched in 1,2,3 #'s on the dial..they dont mean anything

The controllers are made by techlusion for both riva & r&d, just the stickers are changed. Heres R&D instructions,much better than riva's.
    http://www.ctarafacontracting.com/Pi...1300efiR_D.pdf

Thread Information