+1

How To Override Low Oil Warning?

I just got everything back together on my ski,,im running premix and my oil injection tank is now empty but now im getting the warning light on the display flashing and that annoying beeper sounding all the time,,,is there anyway to override this,,,i already tried unplugging the connection that runs to the oil tank but that did`nt do a thing,,maybe i could just fill the tank back up with oil!!!! any suggestions?

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    thing,,maybe i could just fill the tank back up with oil!!!! any suggestions?

water should work as long as you have it blocked off, also a lot cheaper. havn't done the blockoff yet so i dont know how to override.

how long can you run after low oil light comes on? ive ridden a good distance (straight to the dock!) after it comes on and not sure how much danger I was in.

Ben

+1
    Pull the oil sensor from the tank, remove the outer sleeve, slide floats up, place large zip ties under the floats to hold them up, and put everything back.
    Takes 5 minutes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Pull the oil sensor from the tank, remove the outer sleeve, slide floats up, place large zip ties under the floats to hold them up, and put everything back.
    Takes 5 minutes.
    thank you very much,,i will fix tomarrow.

I simply snipped the end of the connector off and hardwired the wires together and used heat shrink tubing for a water tight seal. Takes 5 minutes and you have a permanent fix.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    I simply snipped the end of the connector off and hardwired the wires together and used heat shrink tubing for a water tight seal. Takes 5 minutes and you have a permanent fix.

Even less evasive than that Carl takes a low ohm resistor and just shorts out the connector. He just sticks the two prongs into the female side of the connector. If you ever want to take it out or if you were going to sell the ski it take maybe 3 seconds to fix give or take a half a second......lol And the same amount of time for the install as well.
    I think the resistor would coust you a dollar at radio shack. Im sure someone on here knows how many ohms. I forget off the top of my head.

+1
    Jumper the two wires leave evrything connected and use the cromp on splice like you use for trailer lights one on each wire with a wire in between been doing this on Yamis for years

Thread Information