Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Problems with my new RXP

Ok so i just bought the S/C RXp and im thinking that those friggin S/C washers are already goin out ! it started right at the 11hr mark! now at 10hrs i did the oil change and everything oil level is where it is suppose to be i used a OEM filter and oil! i also followed the break in procedures and everything i have now today i took her out on the water and im not getting the insane acceleration it had even at the 3/4 throttle on the speedo b4 i could get it to go up to "70" but now it takes it a bit to even reach 60, on my gps it says my max speed is 57mph. she is not performing like it was earlier in the break in period. I am pissed cuz of all this!
    my friend bought one too the same day i got mine and his is running like a champ he's gotten 65 on the gps. I let him even take it to see if he noticed a difference and he can confirm that its not running like it use to.

My question is do you think that the S/C washers have gone or are going already? I mean is it possable that this things can go this quick even with out "beatin" of the ski? I makes me mad cuz i havent even done anything to over revv it or anything to accelerate the ware on it. All i know we are taking it to the dealers shop tomorrow to see what the hell is goin on.

IM SAD RIGHT NOW
    Last edited by 07scRXP; 07-01-2007 at 11:32 PM.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    No one cares about what the stock speedo says, what were the rpm's? Guess instead of an oil change you should have sprung for metal washers.
    Last edited by NCHeel; 07-01-2007 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    No one cares about what the stock speedo says, what were the rpm's. Guess instead of an oil change you should have sprung for metal washers.
    the rpms were goin up in the 8k

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Well if your turning 8000 rpm then you have a pump problem. Maybe it's clogged up.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Well if your turning 8000 rpm then you have a pump problem. Maybe it's clogged up.
    I took it out of the water to give it a gander and nothing looks to be cloggin it up. cuz thats what i thought at first. I dunno this crap is bending me outta shape

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Looking in the exit nozzle will tell you nothing. If its clogged it's between the intake and impeller. I'm guessing though that your actually only turning 6000-6500 rpm and the washers are gone.
    Last edited by NCHeel; 07-01-2007 at 11:52 PM.

Matt, you need to get under the ski and have a good look up the intake area for a blockage, or damage to your wear ring, impellor, or stators. Have you been riding in shallow water? I managed to suck up rocks from 3 ft below the hull on my first ski.

Dont judge me...
    O And Change The Washers Too.....o and the dremo doesnt work as far as speed.

like i said the rpms are going in the 8,000s. when i get home from work i'll go and see if the supercharger impeller spins freely but Hopefully it doesnt! and if it doesnt do you all think its the pump?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information