Thread: repitching ?

repitching ?

I was wondering when getting a prop repitched does it make much or any difference which pitch you start with ie if yor going for 13/19, would you be better starting with a higher pitched one 16/23 or would you start with 14/18, those are just examples, but i am talking about starting with a concord, as i'm thinking of getting a 16/23 concord for either a stock 99 xpl or even in an 01 gtxltd with rejet and F/A
    and where can i look at some info on repitching and prop repairs

Eureka, MO
    I'm sure that David will answer your question, but why are you considering a 16/23 Concord for a stock 99 xpl or a 01 gtxltd with rejet and F/A? That impeller is too big for either one of those ski's. If you use the stock venturi nozzle you will lose several hundred RPM and badly overload the motor. A 15/20 Concord is the biggest I would go for those ski's/mods and even then you might need a larger venturi nozzle to keep from overloading the motor.

Dan (drb)

its not concrete that i have to get that one but it was for sale and was wondering if it would be a good base to start with for repitching

So Cal
    Hi Winterstick,
    We can repitch the impeller to work for either ski, as long as it is an ST series. It does typically make a difference what the impeller started out as, but if the 16/23 originated from the 16/21 casting, then we can still compensate for that, when we pitch it to work for a stock XPL.

Thread Information