Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Why is my 1300 soooo slow??

So after a lot of $$ and time my 1300 is slow.... Well here is my story I just installed a 3 deg. Key and sonic boom TB... im spinning a untouched 14/20 (never checked for acuracy) at 7280 ish and only running 68.5 the thing accelerated like a rapped ape but feels like an anchor is thrown out around 68... the pump shoe looks fine and is recesed above the hull. Im not sure where to even look?? last year I was ran 72 at 7150 +/-

To be fair I was 1K feet higher in elevation this weekend but that may account for what a mph at most? Is it possible that the shoe pull down at a certaion speed and then pulls back up when put back on the trailer? Im lost and ready to return it to stock! But I want to feel this thing do 75+ please someone gimme some help! I hated a stock 1300 almost keeping up with me

Thanks in advance.

Your rpms are defintely there. At 7280 on a 1420 you should be at 73-74, so its a plate, shoe, grate alignment issue is my guess. I see you have a Jims FF plate. Im sure if you give Jim a call he can steer you the right direction. He is the man when it comes to anything plate related..

+1
    The plate is shimmed identical to last year (except I have the FF mod know) I cant imagine that the plate could rob 5 mph?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    The plate is shimmed identical to last year (except I have the FF mod know) I cant imagine that the plate could rob 5 mph?
    If it is not set up correctly I'll bet this could be part of your problem. Lay under the ski and run your finger down the hull from front to back and see if there is anything that would "drag" in the water.

+1
    is your compression still ok ? Never hurts to verify it.

+1
    spent some time under her last night and I do not see anything that "hangs down" the front of the plate is above the pump shoe... the grate... well no place for it to really hang down... stock tabs not shimmed... prop and liner both look good... hull has normal scuffs and dings but nothing worse then last year. Im at a total loss... I wish I was in Texas or florida where I could bring it to someone who has more knolege then me.... anyone coming to Seattle in the near future

did you put the key in BACKWARDS!?!?!?

looking head on at the flywheel it should go ------>

+1
    No I have not done a compression check... pretty sure the key is in correct... either way im running high almost 7300 rpms at 68.5 mph... so I cant imagine its a problem with the motor... If compression was down wouldnt my rpms?

Have you grabbed your nozzle lately to make sure it is not moving freely up and down? I had a trim cable jump off the wheel under the storage bucket before and it let the nozzle go up and down as it wanted. That cost me enough speed to let an FXHO pass me on smooth water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by porksword View Post
    Have you grabbed your nozzle lately to make sure it is not moving freely up and down? I had a trim cable jump off the wheel under the storage bucket before and it let the nozzle go up and down as it wanted. That cost me enough speed to let an FXHO pass me on smooth water.
    will have to check.... the ski seams more "planted" at 65+ than it does at lower speeds?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information