Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: stock injectors

stock injectors

anyone know the rating on the ultras stock injectors.

i know someone knows bump

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    send your oem injectors to rc engineering they will flow test them and will be able to port them in order to increase flow capacity

also regarding your ems ? try using a megasquirt fuel injection system... cheap and cost effective and gets the job done

+1
    Thats a good question. I have been wanting to know the same thing for a while now. I sent one of mine to precision turbo and they could not flow it because it would not fit in their test fixture. Please lets us know if you find out.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Importracer View Post
    Thats a good question. I have been wanting to know the same thing for a while now. I sent one of mine to precision turbo and they could not flow it because it would not fit in their test fixture. Please lets us know if you find out.

thats odd that precision couldn't flow it

They are not your standard off the shelf injector automotive housing, not like an off the shelf Ford racing injector.

I don't think it matters much until we have a way to tune the ecm.... My guess is we're a litle fat on mixture, but until it can be tuned no sense in putting a wide band O2 on it. Then you will know and not be able to do much about it!

Is our mixture fat because of possible shitty spark plugs? Maybe not burning all the fuel thats in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcolog2 View Post
    Is our mixture fat because of possible shitty spark plugs? Maybe not burning all the fuel thats in there?

No, the fuel map is programmed that way so it doesn't lean out causing engine damage, and to avoid warranty claims from such.

Running rich can be an indirect side effect of plugs, but ecm is programmed to dump a certain amount of fuel, whether the plug fires all of it or not, hence the fuel smell in our oil.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by efizjb View Post
    They are not your standard off the shelf injector automotive housing, not like an off the shelf Ford racing injector.

I don't think it matters much until we have a way to tune the ecm.... My guess is we're a litle fat on mixture, but until it can be tuned no sense in putting a wide band O2 on it. Then you will know and not be able to do much about it!
    I have had a wideband on mine since the second ride back in February. I wanted to know the A/F ratio stock as a baseline and was looking at adding boost thru a pulley. Everybody I spoke to said the injectors were too small and it would go lean, that was why I started looking into the injectors.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Importracer View Post
    I have had a wideband on mine since the second ride back in February. I wanted to know the A/F ratio stock as a baseline and was looking at adding boost thru a pulley. Everybody I spoke to said the injectors were too small and it would go lean, that was why I started looking into the injectors.
    So whats the A/F at WOT for you?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information