Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Engine Removal Eminent... a few questions though..

Ok, all hoses and harness out of the way. Pump out, Drive Shaft out, Supercharger Out, Oil Drained, Coolant Drained, Ground straps removed.

I believe I have one cable which is red almost under around the exhaust manifold which I hope to remove after I have hoisted the engine up a little bit.

My questions are.

1. How to disconnect the fuel rail. Just unplug it. Warning label says pressurized. How do I go about doing this. Gas is drained as well.

2. Any other tips before the engine is removed, precautions, etc.

I hope to get the hull upside down soon.

+1
    The red cable goes to the starter and is easily disconnected once you have the engine raised up a bit.

Just remove the two E8 torx bolts holding the fuel rail on and then sit it up front on top of the gas tank. This way you don't have to disconnect the fuel line.

gotcha thanks jerry.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    that red cable is the feed going to the starter that is bolted on the side of the motor there under the exhaust manifold...

anyway... i personally prefer taking the fuel line off the fuel rail when removing the motor. alot of people do it different ways, but it doesn't get any simpler than just unclipping a hose and just pushing it back on upon re-assembly...

right where the fuel rail starts and the hose connects, there's a funky plastic ring/clamp contraption... u would THINK you pinch it or something, the two sides of the black plastic clip/clamp... rather, take needle nose pliers and stick the two noses into the gaps of the clip to further spread it... then just twist and pull and the hose will come off the fuel rail. a few ounces of fuel will spill that remain in the fuel rail, so dont worry about it.

and obviously, u r removing the 17mm bolts that hold the motor mount brackets to the motor mounts. Don't actually unbolt the motor mounts from the hull... just the single bolt in each mount

no other tips really... seems you got it all ready to be yanked out already.

when you put it back together, lower the motor so that the starter is about the same height as the fiberglass of the hull... when the motor is at this height you can bolt the grounds, starter cable, exhaust manifold water feed, etc before you lower it all the way. much easier this way.

good luck, let us know if u have any further questions

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i'm a little slow at typing responses unlike the SPEED KING, LOL

Hey thanks Shib for the advice. I am now ready for engine removal.
    This site is great for helping out the common man. Can't wait to get this damn thing apart to start fixing it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    i'm a little slow at typing responses unlike the SPEED KING, LOL
    I can type faster than my ski goes

Ha, I'll bet the kids that i see at my office can text message with their thumbs faster than you can type.! The kids these days.

Apparently its not COOL anymore to call anybody. You gotta text them.

Not knocking text messaging. It took me 5 minutes to compose "I will see you at the movie at 7.00pm" Then after sending, got an error message.

I think I would rather just dial seven digits and get it over with in 30 seconds. LOL

Just curious, why are you pulling your engine?

a couple weeks ago, had a piece of the hull come apart apparently from impact about 6 inch or so strip. Then from here peeled the hull, delaminating over 50 percent of it. I've got to get the engine out so that I can flip it up side down to repair the hull.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information