Ultra exhaust piping

What size is the ulta exhaust piping?

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JWilson View Post
    What size is the ulta exhaust piping?
    2 1/4" for hoses

+1
    ok, then is the secondary waterbox bypass nothing more than a u-bend. Seems like a standard ss u-bend would work with a couple of connectors.

Jason

+1
    ok, then is the secondary waterbox bypass nothing more than a u-bend. Seems like a standard ss u-bend would work with a couple of connectors.

Jason
    Yup or aluminum. You can weld a little tab to bolt down. I know what you're thinkin'...i went down that road already. I just removed my second waterbox and am gonna cut the stock exit pipe and go with riva permanently with no primary WB modification for the time being. I do not see how that will actually void my warranty.

+1
    well i built the turbo system for my cobra. I look at a lot of the aftermarket parts available and they are very simple items to make or improve on.

The next item I need to learn more about is the ecm. I really think the most potential is in the ecm .

First, I have to decide how far I want to take this ski.

+1
    so what will your exhaust consist of from exit of manifold to rear exit?

+1

Jason
    It is just a bend. One leg is longer than the other. You will have to fab a plate to bolt it down to the hull. And you better be dead on it when you do that because the u pipe needs to be in a certian spot for the stock exhaust hoses to line up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	install 028.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	968.0 KB 
ID:	29921   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	install 031.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	29922  

+1
    Primary waterbox then riva's fee flow kit. It's pretty sano, I can't make it for the price (cost of 10' of 2.25" aluminum and lack of owning a mandrel bender), and the only issue that i just can't stand is cutting the stock discharge as i cannot seem to find a part number and no part number is stamped. I can weld it back together if i need to (it's aluminum) for some strange reason.

With the riva free flow, it will only take power to force water up once, then its all downhill from there. It makes quite a bit of room available for other mods i'm working on that will offset the weight to thwart listing. Riva's kit again is just so sano, i have to do it. I wish they provided the kit without the trim ring on rear. I just know it will compliment my other mods well, and then some for future.
    Last edited by earthshaker; 07-02-2007 at 09:32 PM. Reason: whoops, 2.25 not 3

+1
    Thanks for the replies. Why have the watebox period? Is it for safety? Is it for heat management in the hull? Why not remove all waterboxes and just insulate the exhaust? Why not do a straight through muffler or waterbox design?

I am so new to ski's but a lot of the technology transfers from autos to skis. Especially since the skis are now four srtoke.

Jason

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Yup or aluminum. You can weld a little tab to bolt down. I know what you're thinkin'...i went down that road already. I just removed my second waterbox and am gonna cut the stock exit pipe and go with riva permanently with no primary WB modification for the time being. I do not see how that will actually void my warranty.
    Your gonna pull the 2nd waterbox, cut the exit pipe and install the Riva free flow and not void your warranty?
    That's the main reason I used the R-Rated "U" pipe. You don't have to cut the exit pipe. If I have a warranty issue it's easily put back to stock.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information