Has it been determined?

How much horsepower can these skis can actually take before things start breaking regularly, or the pump quits being able to process any more water?

How about 650 hp? What do you think would happen? It can be reduced and brought up gradually, but where do think the breaking point would be and what would be the weakest link? It would be in a GPR hull and only used for drag races and top speed runs. Definately not a rec ski.

+1
    I'd say the answer so far is that no one knows. Joe, Jerry and myself are the only ones being ridden that post here. Driveline seems stable, for now. I've got over 25 on mine. I bet Joe has more than that on his. Jerry's is relatively new.

The GSX conversions are just starting now. If it's straight, and true, I don't see why they won't last.

Of course lets not leave out the conversion GP class skis that are being raced all over Europe. They have tons on hours and race water under them. Diff hulls, eng, etc...of course getting those details is tough.

Maybe a few mphs left in the 155mm pump. Skat makes a 158mm if you got the money. I'm sure it could be made to be a 6vien. I'm sure they could cut a 158mm swirl down to mimic a R-cut. You could call that a $2000 experiment, if you get "bored" with the current offerings.

One things for sure... no one wanting speed is happy with what comes out stock...

I have an acquaintance that I work with that has been out of the funnybike circuit for about 4 years now but he still has 3 bikes and 4 engines in his shop collecting dust. He just dont have the time to travel the circuit anymore due to his family. After many conversations and tons of questions he is thinking about trying to squeeze one of his engines into the hull of a ski. He runs two different setups with great results. One being a 1450cc gas turbo w/ 3 stage nitrous and the other being a 1500 blow through turbo alcohol setup. Both setups consistantly gave him low 6 second 1/4 mile ETs at 200+ mph.

I dont believe money is much of an issue for him (which must be nice) he has told me how much 1 engine costs him to build and I knew right away that was'nt the sport for me. $4000 just for the crank

He dont take himself too seriously though like some other racers I have known, he just likes to go fast and have fun like the rest of us.
    He is still in the kicking it around stage right now but Im working on him just to see what it would do.
    Last edited by porksword; 07-03-2007 at 04:32 AM.

Well, a thought crossed my mind(and left tire tracks)... would a pump off a jet boat be overkill? It'd take lots of power to turn, but with the one dude's 407-hp GSX, it might be a thought.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Well, a thought crossed my mind(and left tire tracks)... would a pump off a jet boat be overkill? It'd take lots of power to turn, but with the one dude's 407-hp GSX, it might be a thought.

completely different pump setup...which would require serious hull mods...

Figured there was a reason why nobody used it.

Thread Information