+1

Need 750 piston measurement

I'm working on a 95 sl 750 for a guy, and it's bored out .01 over stock right now. It has wiseco pistons in it right now and there is .01 clearance as it sits. What i need is someone that has a new stock or any cast .01 oversize piston to measure it and tell me the diameter so i know if the cylinder was bored/honed to big and i need to go to the next size, or if the skirts on the pistons are worn/collapsed that much. The bore size is right at 70.25mm, but there is .010 clearance on the piston. I just hate to order a piston kit and have to send it back because it's too small. Any help is appreciated.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    If I'm following you correctly, you want the measurement of a .25mm (I believe = .010) OS piton? 69.97 mm or 2.75 in. Please don't take this as a professional machinist's facts. I'm just a newb with a caliper. Stock bore is 69.72mm (2.74)

+1
    That's what i'm looking for xlint, but i need someone with experience to measure it for me. I need an EXACT measurement so i know if i need to go to the next size or not. The bore is at 2.767" right now. The .01 wiseco is at 2.757" so there is .01 clearance right now, but i don't know if the piston is worn that much, if the skirt collapsed, or if whoever set it up last time bored it too big.

+1
    with wiseco pistons you should have 6 thousand's ?? clearance because they are lighter and they swell up faster and they love to seize up if they don't have enough clearance .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    with wiseco pistons you should have 6 thousand's ?? clearance because they are lighter and they swell up faster and they love to seize up if they don't have enough clearance .
    Good point. Wiseco does have there own clearances because of the expansion vs. stock. I see Wiseco doesn't have a .10 OS. http://www.wiseco.com/PDFs/Catalogs/CB07/PWC.pdf

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Good point. Wiseco does have there own clearances because of the expansion vs. stock. I see Wiseco doesn't have a .10 OS. http://www.wiseco.com/PDFs/Catalogs/CB07/PWC.pdf
    You are correct, they are .02 pistons. My bad. I have too many things going on to keep everything Straight lately. I need a measurement of a .02" over stock piston.

+1
    Maybe this guy can get you what you need. OR maybe he can get you the exact measurement of the Wiseco stock 750 and you can add .020 to it? Just trying to help. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLAR...spagenameZWDVW

buy/borrow a inside mic / dial bore gauge. or outside side and a teloscope gauge. measure the bore on the cylinder.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    buy/borrow a inside mic / dial bore gauge. or outside side and a teloscope gauge. measure the bore on the cylinder.
    I've got all those tools already, not what i was looking for. I got what i was looking for, i called right to the piston manufacturers and got the specs. Thanks anyways.

Thread Information