New to the Forum.... dropping in to say hello... some top speed GPS results too

Hey guys found this site about 2-3 months back, been lurking for a while and finally registered. I have a 2006 RXP (red/black) and a 2005 RXT (green/black), picked them up in August last year. Been tons of good reading on this site so far, great to have a place to get so much info on these things.

Right after I bought these last year I was out on the Chain O Lakes (northern Illinois) and GPS'd my RXP, water was a bit choppy (ski would bounce out of the water here and there), got 68.7mph. I have been waiting to get it on glass smooth water to try it again. I was on the Fox River yesterday (streatch between Algonquin and the Locks) and got some smooth conditions, going into the wind (which was right around 10mph) but with the slight current I hit 69.3 so next pass I went with the wind and against the current and netted a 69.5 I was dying for a 70+mph reading so I went up the river a bit more to a narrower quiet area with alot of tree cover on both sides to keep the wind in check, tucked in really good on the ski to avoid wind drag and let it rip going against the wind but with the current and netted a 70.6mph on the GPS
    The current is this area of the river is very very light, if you sit dead in the water floating it takes about a minute to move 10-15 feet I can really see the difference it makes tucking your body in behind the ski to reduce drag (this and water conditions hands down make the biggest difference). As far as weight conditions go I weigh right between 160-165 and the ski had just shy of 1/2 tank of fuel. I was out there with a friend who has a 06 RXP with the Stage 1 kit, he was way low on fuel and tried making a couple of passes but he was putting the GPS inside of his wet suit under his vest and it wasnt getting a good reading, after 2 attempts he called it a day in fear of running out of fuel. He steady pulls me at WOT when we are side by side and he weighs 220 so you can definately see the difference the Stage 1 makes over stock.

+1
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you finally joined up

+1
    Welcome to the forum.

If you have not already, you may want to invest in replacing the ceramic supercharger washers in place of Jerry's metal washer replacements.

This is preventative maintenence as the ceramic washers have been known to break apart and casue serious engine damage. It sounds liek you have some very good running machine and this would be a good preventative measure to keep them that way.

Welcome!

+1
    Welcome. Its about time. Glad you finally joined us.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

If you have not already, you may want to invest in replacing the ceramic supercharger washers in place of Jerry's metal washer replacements.

This is preventative maintenence as the ceramic washers have been known to break apart and casue serious engine damage. It sounds liek you have some very good running machine and this would be a good preventative measure to keep them that way.
    I feel like this is an automated response. Billy, have you set up a device in your computer that makes your keyboard respond to every new member's post with this message?
    Glad to see we've got you on the SD side now

MVR, listen to RX951 and get those washers changed out to metal ASAP!

Welcome to the forum! I ride the chain all the time. cya around.

I was actually gonna make a post asking about swapping the washers.... I have know for some time they are a weak link..... Im still under extended SEA DOO warranty for another year and I dont want to void it. My question is can I swap in the new washers and not void the Extended warranty???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MVR 155 View Post
    I was actually gonna make a post asking about swapping the washers.... I have know for some time they are a weak link..... Im still under extended SEA DOO warranty for another year and I dont want to void it. My question is can I swap in the new washers and not void the Extended warranty???
    i'd just change them no matter what, wecome to the forum

Thread Information