Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Ultra 250X owners and Seadoos?

I don't hate the Ultras, I have even considered getting a couple of them so I do a lot of reading on them here and elswhere... anyway, is it just me or does anyone feel the hate from the Ultra 250 board? I have noticed if you drop a joke or say anything negative about those machines you are subject to name calling, personal attacks and insults. I have tried to limit my comments to the machines not the owners. It's almost like they are confusing themselves with their machines. I have also seen my posts systematically removed from the forum over there, even though I have NEVER ATTACKED ANYONE, and merely stated my opinions and stayed on topic. If I stay on topic, am I not allowed to state my experiences and my opinions on a machine? Isn't that what this forum is for? I dunno, I don't see alot of pissing and moaning going on over here from the Seadoo side, but I check out the Kawi board and I see threads like this:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30404

I don't have a lot of brand loyalty, in fact I'm a Yamaha guy at heart. If I call the Ultra a giant gas-sucking pig with a bad silicone job, I can understand if someone called the RXT or RXP a ceramic chomping bitch or something, but who cares they are just machines. I'm not stirring the pot or trying to be a problem, but why is it that the moderators allow personal attacks in these threads and delete my ON TOPIC POSTS when all we are talkin about are the machines with all their strengths and weaknesses? Makes ya wonder...

Talking

If its any conciliation I love reading your posts over there - lightens up the mood!

as a wise "HOSS" once told me, "It`s the internet bro", take it with a grain of salt.
    For the most part this board does everyone alot more good than harm. I`d like to think that no question is stupid or to small to answer, aren`t we here to help one another. as far as BS goes, I agree that it gets out of hand occasionally. I have first hand experience with supercharger catastrophe, but with the help from this board and the people that I have met the ski got repaired. Sure I would like to try out another brand when I can afford to but all in all I still really like my GTX for what it is...
    This is supposed to be fun ...PR...

Well, I can say that these boards have helped me a ton. I was ready to pull the trigger on new 2007 RXT, but after reading about the problems I am going to investigate the Ultra 250. I would prefer Seadoo, because I just like Seadoos better, but the Ultra seems like a nice machine. I read your posts on the other side and didn't think you were coming across mean or fighting in anyway. I thought it was a valid point of view.

I just wish I could get an RXT and not have to send it somewhere to get metal washers/ceramic bearings put in. . the only thing I should have worry about is which lake to take it to.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    I don't hate the Ultras, I have even considered getting a couple of them so I do a lot of reading on them here and elswhere... anyway, is it just me or does anyone feel the hate from the Ultra 250 board? I have noticed if you drop a joke or say anything negative about those machines you are subject to name calling, personal attacks and insults. I have tried to limit my comments to the machines not the owners. It's almost like they are confusing themselves with their machines. I have also seen my posts systematically removed from the forum over there, even though I have NEVER ATTACKED ANYONE, and merely stated my opinions and stayed on topic. If I stay on topic, am I not allowed to state my experiences and my opinions on a machine? Isn't that what this forum is for? I dunno, I don't see alot of pissing and moaning going on over here from the Seadoo side, but I check out the Kawi board and I see threads like this:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30404

I don't have a lot of brand loyalty, in fact I'm a Yamaha guy at heart. If I call the Ultra a giant gas-sucking pig with a bad silicone job, I can understand if someone called the RXT or RXP a ceramic chomping bitch or something, but who cares they are just machines. I'm not stirring the pot or trying to be a problem, but why is it that the moderators allow personal attacks in these threads and delete my ON TOPIC POSTS when all we are talkin about are the machines with all their strengths and weaknesses? Makes ya wonder...
    When can we stop with these threads? How many of them are enough? Now you are claiming the moderators are unfairly targeting you. Yesterday, Big Red Monster made the same accusation on the other side. How about we start acting like adults and no one will get posts deleted. Now there's an idea.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    When can we stop with these threads? How many of them are enough? Now you are claiming the moderators are unfairly targeting you. Yesterday, Big Red Monster made the same accusation on the other side. How about we start acting like adults and no one will get posts deleted. Now there's an idea.
    What I "claim" is they are deleting my on-topic posts. Franko can you answer my question? If I stay on topic, am I not allowed to state my experiences and my opinions on a machine?

P.S. You sound like I start a thread every day, how many threads have I ever started?

+1
    What I see is they are deleting my on-topic posts. Franko can you answer my question? If I stay on topic, am I not allowed to state my experiences and my opinions on a machine?

P.S. You sound like I start a thread every day, how many threads have I ever started?
    No, I can't answer your question because I have not deleted anything (although I probably should have.) So I don't know what was deleted.

I did not say you started all the bickering threads, but you sure do stir the pot. It's old already.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    No, I can't answer your question because I have not deleted anything (although I probably should have.) So I don't know what was deleted.

I did not say you started all the bickering threads, but you sure do stir the pot. It's old already.
    Okay maybe someone else can answer this question:
    If I stay on topic, am I not allowed to state my experiences and my opinions on a machine?

+1
    If I stay on topic, am I not allowed to state my experiences and my opinions on a machine?
    Good gosh, everyone knows your opinion on the ski. How many times do you think you need to express it?

You are like the kid who is told not to touch his sister, so he puts his finger right up to her face and proclaims "I'm not touching her."

+1
    I am finding that it is not what people say but how they say it.
    I got into a thread last night that turned into a bashing thread. My intent was not to bash but give facts. Some folks took it the wrong way.

If you look at Mark's (Hydrotoys) review of the Ultra it is a good example of how to write a thread or opinion and not offend anyone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information