Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    flyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    1,585

    injectors off a FX160

    how much do they flow? I have access to some, and I am wondering if they flow better than the GPR injectors? they are a different color


  2. #2
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,800
    +1
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    how much do they flow? I have access to some, and I am wondering if they flow better than the GPR injectors? they are a different color
    I can tell you where to send them and have them tested

  3. #3
    Dave Sharp dav_dman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    louisville Ky/so. IN
    Posts
    1,453
    +1
    1
    about 20% less displacement and 5000 squirts per min on the fx vs 7200 on the gpr, and finally there are 4 of them to the gpr's 3.. gpr has to flow big... i'd say if anything they'd flow substantially less.

  4. #4
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,800
    +1
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    about 20% less displacement and 5000 squirts per min on the fx vs 7200 on the gpr, and finally there are 4 of them to the gpr's 3.. gpr has to flow big... i'd say if anything they'd flow substantially less.
    Plus I hear there is a big junk pile of them T-bodies behind every Yamaha dealership.

  5. #5
    flyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    1,585
    ok next Q, what size are the butterflies in them? those are also different.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    ok next Q, what size are the butterflies in them? those are also different.
    I dont know for sure but I would think they would be smaller than the Gpr since the FXHO is a 4 cylinder vs 3cyl gpr.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Plus I hear there is a big junk pile of them T-bodies behind every Yamaha dealership.
    Was there a particular issue with these ? ie recall or problem that we may see on FX's?

  8. #8
    Pistonwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,595
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by kevski View Post
    Was there a particular issue with these ? ie recall or problem that we may see on FX's?
    Yes..the spring that they used for the t-bodies was supposed to be worhtless, I think the material it was made of was bad causing it to prematurely fail. Instead of taking down every t-body and replacing the springs they decided to trash them and replace the whole rig.

    Thats my understanding. I have an old set at my house right now.

  9. #9
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,800
    +1
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    Yes..the spring that they used for the t-bodies was supposed to be worhtless, I think the material it was made of was bad causing it to prematurely fail. Instead of taking down every t-body and replacing the springs they decided to trash them and replace the whole rig.

    Thats my understanding. I have an old set at my house right now.
    Send me a couple Mikey

  10. #10
    Pistonwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,595
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Send me a couple Mikey
    I will talk to our friend and see if we can do that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS - Parts 48lb injectors off a 2012 rxpx, 50lb rivas, ev1 to denso and ev1 to ev6 adapters
    By 98gsxl951 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 11:37 AM
  2. FS pump wedge, intercooler, injectors, impeller, stuff off my rxp
    By pbrxp in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 04:49 AM
  3. FS 42lb Injectors off of a rxpx
    By 1400gprmike in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 05:28 PM
  4. WTB - 42lb Injectors and RE Block offs
    By cahickm2 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 07:51 AM
  5. fx160 injectors stock.. how many LB???
    By Turbo Retro in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 05:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •