Thread: oil Pump??

oil Pump??

OK I'm getting the rxp back from the dealer. S/C washer failer, then .3 hrs latter S/C lock up. I dont think the dealer cleaned out the screans. So do i need to remove the motor to get to the front oil pump?? I have the shop manual. I think I need to replace the oil pumps but I'll have to take it apart to see.

thanks

wow! thats pretty shitty being that sea-doo give specific instructions to the dealers when the sc washers fail to clean out everything and replace oil pumps. But yes i do believe the motor has to be pulled for that! someone else will chime in on this , but i kinda just went through the same thing except it was my bearing that failed so i think i got lucky and dont have to replace my pumps or clean anything knock on wood well find out this weekend!

Is the dealer supose to change the oil when the s/c failes?? What is the process that they are supose to go through??

NO one knows what the dealer is supose to replace on a S/C failure??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    NO one knows what the dealer is supose to replace on a S/C failure??
    Check out the following threads:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=600

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...clutch+failure

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn View Post
    i kinda just went through the same thing except it was my bearing that failed so i think i got lucky and dont have to replace my pumps or clean anything knock on wood well find out this weekend!
    I your s/c bearings failed some of the debris will have gone through your oil pumps for sure!!!! I've seen one that the s/c bearings had collapsed on and the oil pumps were damaged. You can check the front pump without removing the engine so I'd be looking at that if I were you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn View Post
    wow! thats pretty shitty being that sea-doo give specific instructions to the dealers when the sc washers fail to clean out everything and replace oil pumps. But yes i do believe the motor has to be pulled for that! someone else will chime in on this , but i kinda just went through the same thing except it was my bearing that failed so i think i got lucky and dont have to replace my pumps or clean anything knock on wood well find out this weekend!

Calling Shibby or anyone with contacts within BRP. If we can get this document stating the specific instructions of what should be cleaned and replaced, it should be sticky.

I'm confused on the oil flow? does it flow to the front pump first? and how does it get past the screen in the front cover I had my front screen out and it was cleen is the botom hole under the screen just the feed to the front pump and where does the rear pump pickup its oil arent the screens suposed to be before the pump to stop any debris from getting into the pump????Am I stupid or what??? I could see if you had little micro peices from the washers but what about the big peices???
    Last edited by JimC; 07-04-2007 at 11:39 AM.

Thread Information