Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: oil Pump??

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lake Texoma, TX
    Posts
    52

    oil Pump??

    OK I'm getting the rxp back from the dealer. S/C washer failer, then .3 hrs latter S/C lock up. I dont think the dealer cleaned out the screans. So do i need to remove the motor to get to the front oil pump?? I have the shop manual. I think I need to replace the oil pumps but I'll have to take it apart to see.

    thanks


  2. #2
    wow! thats pretty shitty being that sea-doo give specific instructions to the dealers when the sc washers fail to clean out everything and replace oil pumps. But yes i do believe the motor has to be pulled for that! someone else will chime in on this , but i kinda just went through the same thing except it was my bearing that failed so i think i got lucky and dont have to replace my pumps or clean anything knock on wood well find out this weekend!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lake Texoma, TX
    Posts
    52
    Is the dealer supose to change the oil when the s/c failes?? What is the process that they are supose to go through??

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lake Texoma, TX
    Posts
    52
    NO one knows what the dealer is supose to replace on a S/C failure??

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Acworth, GA
    Posts
    157
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    NO one knows what the dealer is supose to replace on a S/C failure??
    Check out the following threads:

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=600

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...clutch+failure

  6. #6
    CRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Auckland, NewZealand
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn View Post
    i kinda just went through the same thing except it was my bearing that failed so i think i got lucky and dont have to replace my pumps or clean anything knock on wood well find out this weekend!
    I your s/c bearings failed some of the debris will have gone through your oil pumps for sure!!!! I've seen one that the s/c bearings had collapsed on and the oil pumps were damaged. You can check the front pump without removing the engine so I'd be looking at that if I were you.

  7. #7
    cbrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Around Lake Travis
    Posts
    1,374
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn View Post
    wow! thats pretty shitty being that sea-doo give specific instructions to the dealers when the sc washers fail to clean out everything and replace oil pumps. But yes i do believe the motor has to be pulled for that! someone else will chime in on this , but i kinda just went through the same thing except it was my bearing that failed so i think i got lucky and dont have to replace my pumps or clean anything knock on wood well find out this weekend!

    Calling Shibby or anyone with contacts within BRP. If we can get this document stating the specific instructions of what should be cleaned and replaced, it should be sticky.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Libertyville ILL
    Posts
    397
    I'm confused on the oil flow? does it flow to the front pump first? and how does it get past the screen in the front cover I had my front screen out and it was cleen is the botom hole under the screen just the feed to the front pump and where does the rear pump pickup its oil arent the screens suposed to be before the pump to stop any debris from getting into the pump????Am I stupid or what??? I could see if you had little micro peices from the washers but what about the big peices???
    Last edited by JimC; 07-04-2007 at 11:39 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oil Filter Cap? Good Oil Pump, Mine Sucks!
    By Haislip in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 01:19 PM
  2. older oil pumps
    By RXTCalifornia in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 10:57 PM
  3. Question? Oil pump block off.
    By great lakes gpr 1200 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 01:54 PM
  4. Missing Oil Pump on 06 models
    By bic1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 03:15 PM
  5. will a generic marine oil pump suffice to change my RXP'oil?
    By theantiRXP in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2005, 12:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •