Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

07 Rxp First Ride Bad Supercharger I Think

Less than 1 hr. of ridding the RPM dropped down to 6300 and all the power went away. I don't know if I should pull off the supercharger myself and send it in for metel washers or take it back to the dealer? Is there going to be other damage to the motor or just the washers? I had to ride it back to the dock so it now shows 2hrs. on the meter. Thanks for the info.

P.S. I hope SEA DOO fixes the problem soon......

Quote Originally Posted by 07 RXP View Post
    Less than 1 hr. of ridding the RPM dropped down to 6300 and all the power went away. I don't know if I should pull off the supercharger myself and send it in for metel washers or take it back to the dealer? Is there going to be other damage to the motor or just the washers? I had to ride it back to the dock so it now shows 2hrs. on the meter. Thanks for the info.

P.S. I hope SEA DOO fixes the problem soon......
    Welcome to the forum, be it a sad one. There will be more damage than just the supercharger alone. You won't simply be able to replace the SC washers and expect to be ok. Your oil pumps will most likely have ceramic shards in them and will need cleaning. From others experiences a ski is never the same after a bad SC failure. Hopefully you didn't hurt too much internally.

Good luck.

+1
    Welcome to the forum

Take it back to the dealer. Sounds like the washers gave.

If/when you get it back, pull the SC and send it off to Jerry for the metal washer replacement.

Sorry to hear.

Less than 1 hour. Id tell that dealer. Better do something.Cause im not gonna be without a ski for a couple of weeks.I have an 06 RXT and my washers lasted for 51 hrs before I changed them over to metals.I know the dealer isnt gonna give you another ski but this is bullshit.Sorry it happened to you.Brand new ski and its broke already.

BRP Step up to the plate and do something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    Order washers from Jerry and hand them to your mechanic. This is what I did and my dealer got me out in 3 days. I only have around 4 hours sense the repair but I have my fingers crossed.

I'd put metal washers on the sc and run it till the motor locks then remove the metal washers and take it in for a brand new engine.

+1
    With less than 1 hr on it return the ski and get a new one, say this thing does not rev as high as your friends 06 RXP, and you are getting out ran by Sea Doo GTI or Yamaha VX.

Shit, these things should not be crapping out this quickly.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I was getting worried we hadn't had this post yet today.

Called 3 dealers after the post and their response was, "we can look at it in a month." I pulled off the intake boot and can spin it by hand. Is there any way I can clean the oil pumps myself? Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by 07 RXP View Post
    Called 3 dealers after the post and their response was, "we can look at it in a month." I pulled off the intake boot and can spin it by hand. Is there any way I can clean the oil pumps myself? Thanks for the help.
    I would think where you bought it from can so better than this? Did you buy it out of state?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information