Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

feedback needed for bov filter relief valve filter catch can filter

i am thinking about making a custom intake system , sort of like the one ultra250tn has

if i do this i was thinking of not bothering with routing the bov ,relief valve and catch can into the intake. i would also be blocking off the plates on the top of the cylinder head at this time

my question is this , to those of you who have done either the riva filters or the r rated filter, have you noticed any discharge ?

does it blow off an oily discharge ?

if anyone has a suggestion as to why i should route those items into my custom airbox i want to heare them as well

thanks in advance

GDM.

First thank you for a great thread start. Awsome question and I'm willing to bet its going to yield a ton of good info.

Let start by advising you to get caught up on the info on the Project250 Blog. Once you have read thru it then I can follow with the following.

As far as the vents on the top of the valve. They provide no benefit at all to performance. So with that idea it would be best to block them off to avoid any future problems of read failure in that vent.

The vent hose. You would be best to vent the Relief valve into the air intake but not the BOV.

The relief valve shoot off compressed air that rushes to the intake. By the time it does hit the SC it has decompressed but is still cooler then the air being draw into the intake.

Why. Short runs dont build to much heat but long running can heat soak a motor. This hot motor causes ambient air temps to be higher then what is in the intercooler. Drawing air from the intercooler has been helpful verses pulling hot air from the engine compartment.

Sure this new info can be contradicted from previous findings but as time pans out and the race coarse punishes these motors it has been an eye opening ordeal. Yes things are changing as the heat of summer comes along. What worked well this winter is now showing weakness in the summer.

This season changing is the biggest cause for delays in performance mods available. It will take a full year to get every aspect of riding data collected.

So my input would to be to vent the Catch Can out and away through the flush kit set up, Cap off the valve cover vents and route your relief valve only to the intake system.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GDM View Post

i am thinking about making a custom intake system , sort of like the one ultra250tn has

if i do this i was thinking of not bothering with routing the bov ,relief valve and catch can into the intake. i would also be blocking off the plates on the top of the cylinder head at this time

my question is this , to those of you who have done either the riva filters or the r rated filter, have you noticed any discharge ?

if anyone has a suggestion as to why i should route those items into my custom airbox i want to heare them as well

thanks in advance

When installing the R-Rated intake, I put K&N filters on the relief and bov and have not had any discharge from either of them.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    When installing the R-Rated intake, I put K&N filters on the relief and bov and have not had any discharge from either of them.
    \
    Check your hose from the relief to the intake manifold. You have a problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    \
    Check your hose from the relief to the intake manifold. You have a problem.
    I have a problem when my ski runs over 67.5 in 90 degree heat?
    The original poster was asking about oil coming out the bov when you have a filter on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GDM View Post

thanks in advance

On the R-Rated intake, you can order the "catch can option" They will install a fitting for the catch can hose. I ran my stock hose down under the sc and then back up the other side near the intake. The stock hose won't be long enough to reach so you will have to get a longer piece.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06F-150 008.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	30059   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06F-150 011.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	30060  

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Ok, it was a little vague, but i give you the benefit of the doubt.

You get that ski to sideways or upside down and you'll get a discharge. Remember, GDM rides the Atlantic.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Ok, it was a little vague, but i give you the benefit of the doubt.

You get that ski to sideways or upside down and you'll get a discharge. Remember, GDM rides the Atlantic.
    I don't keep track of who rides where, I'm just showing what I did.

thanks guys , interesting feedback

keep it coming , by the way i have been reading the team moto info and i
    appreciate you putting all the info and pictures on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    So my input would to be to vent the Catch Can out and away through the flush kit set up, Cap off the valve cover vents and route your relief valve only to the intake system.

when you say vent the catch can out and away through the flush kit set up do you mean the little filter instead of the hose that goes to the air box ? this ? http://rratedperformance.homestead.c..._seperator.jpg

i wonder if the bov is constantly blowing off air when we let off the gas or hit the rev limiter/over rev on a jump ? i have asked this before and nobody seemed to know. some say it is just a safety in which case i guess you wouldnt need to put a filter on it , just take off the hose and forget about it . even if it is constantly functioning i doubt the filter does much

also i was thinking of deleting the second waterbox via the r rated u pipe at the same time i do the custom airbox

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information