Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC Metal Washers Warranty!!!

Hi Gang

I just spoke to Sea Doo Canada and here is the deal:
    1. If you replace your ceremic washers with the metal washers and your (e.g.) engine sezies on the next run out because the oil pump piping failed or something similar but not limited in any case and the metal sc washers are intack then your warranty is valid.

2. If you replace the ceremic washers with metal washers and the metal washers fail and trashes your engine than your warranty is vioded.

Hope this helps

outeka/Bermy Guy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by outeka View Post
    2. If you replace the ceremic washers with metal washers and the metal washers fail and trashes your engine than your warranty is vioded.
    That ain't gonna happen. At least it hasn't so far.

If this is true then it should be made a "Sticky" thread. That way if anyone has a problem with their dealer they can pull this thread up quickly and tell their dealer and force their dealer to contact BRP to confirm it if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    If this is true then it should be made a "Sticky" thread. That way if anyone has a problem with their dealer they can pull this thread up quickly and tell their dealer and force their dealer to contact BRP to confirm it if necessary.
    This is no joke. I asked the guy twice and he said he knew what I was talking about "The Washers" he replied.

That's great that BRP understands the issue and is willing to abide with the Magnuson-Moss act that makes it unlawful for a manufacturer to void a warranty due to an aftermarket part, if that part had nothing to do with the failure. I'm sure they hope we all switch to metal washers; less engines for them to fix. I just got my metal washers, so mine will be one less engine they'll ever have to see again!

Good news!
    Last edited by VX1; 07-03-2007 at 04:52 PM.

You didn't have to call BRP for that info. In the USA the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act applies which means they must honor their warranty unless they can prove the modified part caused the failure.

whoops didn't read the post above mine

Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    whoops didn't read the post above mine
    Why didn't some one mention this act before to me? Thanks any way. I hope this post stay near the top so others can read it.

Thanks again

Well the Magnuson-Moss act has been around for a long time (mid-70's), which is meant to protect the consumer, but even with this law, the manufacturer can make your life a living hell going through arbitrations and court, etc., if they don't readily abide by it; it's not like cops are going to go arrest them if they don't, so it is good news that they seem to be in agreement that changing the washers isn't going to hurt the engine (to the contrary). We appreciate you talking to them about it, Bermy Guy!

Failure rate

Hi guys,
    I just joined (first posted). Excellent Tech Info reading so far!
    I hope I not repeating a previous topic or post...

Ceramic washer replacement inside the SC is a hot topic. I plan to do a Stage I install and an intercooler into my 2004 GTX SC (non-intercooler) this fall.
    Anyone know what the failure rate is on ceramic washers if you keep the SC stock?

Does Seadoo have a recall on this problem?

Do metal washers make more heat if installed in an original ceramic washer SC - is the rest of the system the same for newer models using metal washers?

Finally, this makes me nervous.
    Why the liability warning with the metal washers?
    This part is for race use only and there is no warranty expressed or implied with this use of this product. In addition, the manufacturer, distributor or reseller of this product shall not be held liable for any damages that occur in connection with the use of this product. All risk associated with the use or misuse of this product sold by us, our dealers or resellers is strictly the responsibility of the user or purchaser. By purchasing this part you agree to accept full liability.

I hope I didn't get too carried away.
    Thanks for any help.
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information