Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Does every ski have a problem? How many 4tecs out there with no problems?

Reading all these post, it seems like everyones got a problem with their ski. That is including my self.

I would like to hear how many people out there have good running skis that have had NO problems, and I want to know how many hours you members have. Give me some confidence!

+1
    0 problems with 25 hrs on an 06 RXT, except the lakes around Austin are all closed due to the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow4 View Post
    Reading all these post, it seems like everyones got a problem with their ski. That is including my self.

I would like to hear how many people out there have good running skis that have had NO problems, and I want to know how many hours you members have. Give me some confidence!
    Great idea: Had a 2004 RXP stage 1 Riva kit, 70-80 hours on ceramics Upgraded to a Rotax Racing clutch, minus the ceramics with les cooke washers with no problems at all. 2007 RXT with 27 hours all stock besides metal washers, no problems to date! Thanks Steve and Tom! 2004 RXP and the Carbon Seal replaced at 60 hours
    Last edited by Muddy River; 07-03-2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: more information

+1
    Only issues with mine in 85 hours:

- Wear ring replaced @ 60 hours

- Front bumper popped loose

- At 82 hours I noticed performance going down (but not FULL slip, it didn't eat ceramics) so I had my dealer pull the SC... found the bearings worn and the slip moment off... so my SC got a full rebuild courtsey of BRP

+1
    I don't believe very many STOCK 4-tecs have trouble (besides the ceramics blowing). All skis have some trouble down the road. How severe the trouble is depends on how much you take care of your ski, how hard you ride, and how much go-fast money you put into it

+1
    Stock ski with stock washers shhhhhh i know im getthing them donesoon . with 73 hours not problems besides i want to ride every day and call in sick

Quote Originally Posted by yellow4 View Post

Aside from speed junkies like many of us are, There are THOUSANDS of people out there riding around with 0 issues on ALL models of skis. Some end up here with that first post of "why only 6500 rpms?" etc...etc...
    The nice thing is ANYBODY can come here and learn as much as they want to know, on how to repair, mod, find a place to ride with others.

Having said all that, I am at 103 hours on my stage 3 RXP and have not had a single issue with it at all. Oh wait. ..the starter solenoid went bad.... forgot about that...38 bucks for a new one.

stock 05 GTX LT with steel washer 60 hours
    stock 06 RXT with steel washer 35 hours
    with no problems
    Last edited by SCOTT885; 07-03-2007 at 10:56 PM.

87hrs~
    wear ring
    valve train failure{my fault}
    cracked ride plate leaking antifreeze
    fuel pump went out
    leaking fittings inside hull anti freeze
    Thats about it all within say 20-40hrs then no probs at all!
    My RXP really is a champ now! BUT I have made all the right changes & also run the right parts

This is good, This is good! Keep em coming boys... feeling better already

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information