Thread: Paging Super Steve!
07-03-2007, 10:02 PM #1
Paging Super Steve!
Hey RXP Steve, where you at bro? I got some pics and info for you.
This is for you, me, and those who have a Riva rear intake tube and R&D adapter. Since the two have the same diameter it was time to take the rubber adapter to the bench grinder. 1/8" is about the difference you need in diameter to make it fit easy. Mine is a little less than 1/8" so it's a snug fit because the only coupler that would work isn't the tightest of fits. Here's what I recommend:
1) Measure the distance on the lip of the rear vent and transfer that distance over to the front of the adapter (end that connects with tube)
2) Apply a ring of masking tape around the rubber S/C adapter to ensure you don't cross the line you just measured when you're grinding it down.
3) Make sure you don't grind the full 1/8" so there are no air leaks. Grind until you can push hard and have the adaptor fit into the intake tube.
4) After getting the right size on the S/C adapter, put the coupler around the two and push the tube and adapter together.
5) Tighten the clamps on the coupler and push it onto the supercharger flange as far as it can go (takes some maneuvering).
That's about it for the plain and simple version. The only thing at Lowe's that I could find to make it work was a 'No Hub Coupling.' It's just the right length to make the two pieces mate properly. Anything much longer won't cut it. I attached 4 pics to get an idea of how it should look. Good luck with it. If you find another way to do this easier then please speak up.
P.S. I read your user info Steve..I can't believe you're 40 yrs old! All this time I thought we were the same age
07-03-2007, 10:18 PM #2
07-03-2007, 10:22 PM #3
07-03-2007, 10:25 PM #4
Its passed his bedtime. He will be up at 8am thats when he gets his depends changed )
07-03-2007, 10:27 PM #5
07-03-2007, 10:28 PM #6
07-03-2007, 10:30 PM #7
I saw that same coupler at lowes and was trying to figure out how to make it work. I then decided to take a ride to Pep boys auto parts and see what they had. I ended up buying a silicone coupler that was 4 inch reducing to 3.5 on the other side. I clamped the 4 inch side down on the intake tube. I then took the 3.5 side and FORCED it (with my old as dirt super powers) over the R&D adaptor. Slid it onto the S/C, clamped it and VOILA! everything is nice and tight.
I was going to post it up myself for YOU, but you got it figured out as well...
07-03-2007, 10:39 PM #8
07-03-2007, 10:58 PM #9
07-03-2007, 11:27 PM #10
- Join Date
- Dec 2006
- Crest Hill, IL
He's SUPERRRRRRRRRRRR, thanks for askingggggggggg!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Cutter in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 66Last Post: 07-01-2005, 12:34 PM
By two2curupt in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2005, 09:22 PM
By mxl16 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 7Last Post: 06-24-2005, 10:36 AM
By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 06-01-2005, 07:14 PM
By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 05-25-2005, 08:43 AM