GPS Mounting + Fuel Extender testing

Has anyone here mounted a GPS? I want to mount it on my stock handlebars. Any tips / pics would be appreciated. This is to really monitor the fuel range.

I have a set of Garmin 530 GPS/Radios and I'd love to use them but I'll go for any Garmin that will give me good GPS data. We do long distance rides and I want to tackle the mystery fuel issue once and for all. I have the fuel extender and am in a good position to fully test the full range of the tank before and after the extender install because I always have 3+ wingmen with extra fuel when I run all the way down.

I don't mind buying any extra parts to fabricate a good mount; I just need some advice to go in the right direction.

I look forward to reporting back with a full set of before and after data on this.

Best,
    LB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lordblack View Post
    Has anyone here mounted a GPS? I want to mount it on my stock handlebars. Any tips / pics would be appreciated. This is to really monitor the fuel range.

I have a set of Garmin 530 GPS/Radios and I'd love to use them but I'll go for any Garmin that will give me good GPS data. We do long distance rides and I want to tackle the mystery fuel issue once and for all. I have the fuel extender and am in a good position to fully test the full range of the tank before and after the extender install because I always have 3+ wingmen with extra fuel when I run all the way down.

I don't mind buying any extra parts to fabricate a good mount; I just need some advice to go in the right direction.

I look forward to reporting back with a full set of before and after data on this.

Best,
    LB
    Do a search for my posts. I have posted some pics of my gps handlebar mount.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    I kinda like Tom's the best so far, although i hate to drill in visible areas. Beagleman put one on the bars.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ighlight=mount

I use the Garmin GPS Map 76csx. It gives me all of the channel markers and depths of water on the lakes that I ride. I mounted it on the glove box cover and seems to be working great.

Heres mine - did it with a hose clamp and a Ram mount- I know its in a 250 section but Im sure u can do the same thing

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Mykull, can you post pics of your GPS mount and provide details?

Thread Information