Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GTX SC prop options... & What's stock?

Hey guys, question regarding a prop for a GTX SC. In the store I see the chart for the props and it shows the Stage 1 option for the GTX SC to be a 13/20. Is that my only option for a replacement prop unless I swap the shaft and wear ring. I am asking this because I know the size of the props are differant between the RXP/T and the GTX SC.

Anyone know the stock prop pitch on a 06 GTX SC?

Thanks.

There is a 12/20 solas for stock GTX or 16/21 skat. I have a 12/20 I will sell you for 75.00. I think Pale Rider has 16/21 for sale in the classifieds also. I don't know what the stock pitch is.

+1
    Stock impeller pitch is an 11/23. I would run the Solas 12/20 SR-CD. There is no correlation in the numbers of the different manufactured impellers. 13/20 is likely a typo.
    Good luck,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Impros View Post
    Stock impeller pitch is an 11/23. I would run the Solas 12/20 SR-CD. There is no correlation in the numbers of the different manufactured impellers. 13/20 is likely a typo.
    Good luck,
    David
    Dave, thanks for posting the stock pitch, alot of us didn`t know that!

there is a solas 13\20R advertised...

can you explain for us what the difference is between the 12\20 and the 13\20R in means of performance and which way the rpm will go, example: will a stock ski lose rpm`s with a 13\20R?...thanks again dave!...PR...

dochere: here`s some numbers for you. hull variances and conditions will affect your speed numbers...PR...

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27408

Quote Originally Posted by Impros View Post
    Good luck,
    David
    Thanks allot for the info. Are you sure the 12/20 will be enough. I have just installed an external IC and I am now smacking the rev limiter, and as a matter of fact I am on it at 3/4 throttle. My hole shot has increased to the point that I think it's causing cavitation before I take off. Also, I am swapping the SC impeler as soon as GH gets the 2nd order of the green impellers in and will be running 42lb injectors.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by pale rider View Post
    dochere: here`s some numbers for you. hull variances and conditions will affect your speed numbers...PR...

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27408
    Your a good man Pale Rider. I really appreciate all of the help and info. I'm glad I'm not the only one toying with a GTX SC. I feel like a very small fish in a big barrel of RXP's.

Your a good man Pale Rider. I really appreciate all of the help and info. I'm glad I'm not the only one toying with a GTX SC. I feel like a very small fish in a big barrel of RXP's.[/quote]

lol yeah that pretty much sums it up only thing worse being I own an 03 model and so does PR. Funny this topic comes up seeing how I just dropped $242.00 for a brand new 16/21 the remainder was for shipping that I pm'ed you earlier. I only have a Stage 1-complete turning like 7600-7680 rpm's speed 62-64 and based my purchase off what UFO/RXT said his gains were w/ this prop, I already think it needs to go back-before even putting it on as it is prolly the wrong pitch for increased top end and that is what I want. Just got in a hurry before going to the beach this weekend and had to buy something!

Per the 04 factory service manual they have the impeller shown as a 13/23. I have measured my 04 impeller and it is a 13/23. Impros has serviced my impeller and when I got it back it was a 13/23.........Best speed so far is 63.9 in 112 deg heat @ Lake Havasu with three bars of fuel at 7600 rpm.

thanks for the kind words ...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    can you explain for us what the difference is between the 12\20 and the 13\20R in means of performance and which way the rpm will go, example: will a stock ski lose rpm`s with a 13\20R?...thanks again dave!...PR...
    ^^^

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information