Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Gp1300R

2007 Gp1300R

So i rode my friends brand new 2007 1300r today. They have also had gp1200rs but they were always breaking and deff not on their A game. All i have to say is awesome jet ski. The seat and handlebar position of this ski is so much nicer then the Rxp. I also like how it handles chop compared to the Rxp.

My friend has a few questions. Hes not looking for speed but he is looking for things that he shoudl add to his ski to improve the overall life of his ski. I was thinking maybe the d-plate and chip but not sure if that needed unless ure looking to mod. Any input will be apreaciated. Thank you.

D-plate is a good Idea so the cat doesnt break up on him over time. On an 07 the chip isnt needed, it might need a resistor soldered in but its very simple. I would also recomend a different intake grate for safety reasons.

Maybe a better oil also.

What oil do you guys reccomend? Also, he allready has D-plate and chip which was donated by (Jims 1300r) Is it possible to use the chip on it or do you have to do this different method that your talking about ? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    What oil do you guys reccomend? Also, he allready has D-plate and chip which was donated by (Jims 1300r) Is it possible to use the chip on it or do you have to do this different method that your talking about ? Thanks again.
    With some of the newer skis the chip just isnt needed and still no buzzzer. My ski still got the buzzer so I had to solder the resistor in. I dont believe the chip will work in an 07 because the ohm reading is different than the older skis had (which the chip was made for 04 and older I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by porksword View Post
    With some of the newer skis the chip just isnt needed and still no buzzzer. My ski still got the buzzer so I had to solder the resistor in. I dont believe the chip will work in an 07 because the ohm reading is different than the older skis had (which the chip was made for 04 and older I believe).
    Not that im saying your wrong but the chips in Jerrys store have the same part number for the 1200r's and the 1300r's but they are differents prices so maybe something is mixed up .

+1
    best bang for the buck is a jims ride plate (skegged) and a 1200 or 800 grate...throw the stock grate in the trash a.s.a.p....it WILL throw you off if you ever hit 69 mph and chop the throttle...been there.

Jim has a nice plate. But he said he wasn't looking for speed, so I'm guessing the stock plate will do.

Since he already has it give it a try. Its very simple and wont take much time to find out if it did the trick. Then if the buzzer comes on go to radio shack and buy a resistor to put in. (I think its 5 for $1).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NateGP1300R View Post
    Jim has a nice plate. But he said he wasn't looking for speed, so I'm guessing the stock plate will do.
    not looking for speed !!! go wash yer mouth out with soap...lol . never heard of anyone turning down free speed and hendeling

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information