Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

High RPMs At Idle

I mentioned this in another thread but made it separate because fixing this problem is more important to me than my other questions.
    So, my ski idles at 2350-2450 IN the water. The only things changed since the idle went bad are I went from a powerpipe to a thru-hull exhaust, did the solid front motor mount, and RE block-offs. Before it was 1750-1850. This is a 2005 RXP. I need to figure out how to get the idle back to normal and I would like to know what went wrong/changed to cause this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Edit: Also re-installed the intercooler so I'll have to check the TB for any changes.
    Last edited by JFizzleJR; 07-05-2007 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread but made it separate because fixing this problem is more important to me than my other questions.
    So, my ski idles at 2350-2450 IN the water. The only things changed since the idle went bad are I went from a powerpipe to a thru-hull exhaust, did the solid front motor mount, and RE block-offs. Before it was 1750-1850. This is a 2005 RXP. I need to figure out how to get the idle back to normal and I would like to know what went wrong/changed to cause this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Take the IC pipe off the throttle body and see how the butterfly looks when no throttle is applied. If it looks to be too far open there is a little screw that you can turn in or out to adjust the throttle cable spindle thing on top of the throttle body. Damn I wish I had a picture, it'd be easier to explain that way.

P.S. It looks like I will be up and running with your kit next weekend. I resealed a bunch of stuff and installed a boost gauge. Pray that my luck isn't becoming like Geo's.

+1
    The TPS is one of the only things I could think of I will check it out and see if you're right.

I did a search and Nils said back in 2005 that tampering with that screw will mess up how the ECM reads. It's 2 years later now, can someone confirm this? http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1471

As for your luck Rex, I sure hope it doesn't turn out to be like Geo's

I did a search and Nils said back in 2005 that tampering with that screw will mess up how the ECM reads. It's 2 years later now, can someone confirm this? http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1471
    Shit...I bumped some stuff the other day and that screw got turned a little. I hope I got it back to it's original position.

I've definately always been told to never touch that so i think it should be avoided

+1
    check for a vacuum leak or to see if the IAC motor is bad..

don`t turn that screw... but do see if the throttle blade is binding or there is corrosion in the TB. also check to see if cable is seated properly in the adjuster etc...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    that stopper screw can't get turned accidentally...

first, it's covered with a cap that freely spins over the screw head... and secondly, you need to crank the screw with pliers or a screw driver to turn it... just bumping around it wont turn it.

on STOCK ecu equipped machines, you can change the stop screw, but then you need to have the TPS position reset in the ECU by the dealer software BUDS... but tehre is no reason that you would ever need to do this with a stock ECU and stock TB that were together from day 1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    check for a vacuum leak or to see if the IAC motor is bad..
    Just sealed everything up for the 3rd time and got my boost back so there are no major boost leaks if that's what you're implying. Where's the IAC motor located on these machines?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    that stopper screw can't get turned accidentally...

first, it's covered with a cap that freely spins over the screw head... and secondly, you need to crank the screw with pliers or a screw driver to turn it... just bumping around it wont turn it.

on STOCK ecu equipped machines, you can change the stop screw, but then you need to have the TPS position reset in the ECU by the dealer software BUDS... but tehre is no reason that you would ever need to do this with a stock ECU and stock TB that were together from day 1
    Ok, then I must be talking about a different little screw then. There was no cap or anything on the one I'm talking about and you could easily turn it with your fingers or just by your hand glancing over it. It turned VERY easily. If I had a picture of what I'm talking about I'd post it to clarify.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information