Thread: RXP oil change
07-05-2007, 11:01 AM #1
RXP oil change
I bought this at Academy [sporting good store] for $ 19.99, thanks Superduty !
gonna change the oil today. I'll take more pics. Really nice compact unit. clips on the battery terminals and pumps the oil out. All cables are stored in the unit. pretty neat !
* I will also make sure I follow the proper oil change instructions.
* I will also make sure I fill to the proper level and not add too much.
* I will also change the oil filter and carefully not damage the o-rings.
* I will be using BRP oil.
* I will be taking pics of the hourson my instrument cluster and saving the receipt for record purposes.
If there is anything else I need to do, let me know guys. Thanks in advance !
CE Smith Oil Changer
07-05-2007, 12:05 PM #2
Dont know if you want to do this but i noticed that when revving the engine up to 3 or 6 grand ? as it said in the intructions i seemed to get more out of the engine if i did it twice so rev to rpm kill it then start and rev to rpm right away after the second start up and kill it. Instead of gettign the ussual 3 quarts that everyone seemes to get i got about 3-1/2 -3/4 quarts out.
07-05-2007, 12:20 PM #3
Same here. If you do the 4000 RPM rev then kill it, it transfers more oil to the main sump around the dipstick tube, and more of the oil seems to be able to be sucked out. Then you suck out as much oil as you can, and then do the crank at wide open throttle (so that it wont start) for 10 seconds at a time, and you can almost get 4 quarts out. And then when you put 3.9 - 4 quarts back in, it's not over filled.
07-05-2007, 01:02 PM #4
07-05-2007, 09:25 PM #5
I did everything as per the instructions on this thread below.
Everything went well
* the oil pump worked perfect !
* filter was dark
* oil was off colored [dirty]
* torqued filter bolt to 80 inch/lbs
* oil filter cover came off easy. Used a towell adn twisted and used my finger tips to pop/pry off
* level exactly halfway between the two notches in the dip stick
* I also used a LEVEL and amde sure the MOTOR was perefctly level as I added oil. I layed a level on the motor.
07-05-2007, 09:38 PM #6
Billy still do a visual check of the oil at the lake when it is hot.
When the oil would heat up and climb the dipstick I would loss R's when it was at half up the stick in the garage versus hot and half up the stick at the lake.
I like half up the stick when HOT, not just warmed.
07-05-2007, 09:54 PM #7
07-05-2007, 09:55 PM #8
07-05-2007, 10:22 PM #9
That welded on washer above the threads of the oil filter bolt....I butt that up under the cap on the edge, and use it to lift the cap off. Works great. About 6 oil changes so far, and original o-rings still intact.
07-06-2007, 04:35 AM #10
Hinting something in this pic? your engine balanced?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By RXP2006 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 10-17-2010, 11:08 PM
By rxpiowa in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-29-2008, 03:50 PM
By baba850r in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 04-15-2008, 12:47 PM
By RXPNJ in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 18Last Post: 09-09-2006, 08:55 AM
By theantiRXP in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-25-2005, 12:20 PM