Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva Intake Extension?

I installed my Riva Intake on my RXP last weekend and from the second I installed it I've been wondering why didn't they just and another section of pipe in which will extend the filter back up to the original intake spot at the front of the fuel tank???

This wouldn't cause any sort restriction since it will be essentially a straight line shot forwards and would certainly provide cooler air than just simply next to the engine.

I tried extending it up there, but it did not seem to help. The extra length must increase the restriction to offset the benefit of a little cooler air. I now have a homemade 4" all the way to the front which works alot better.

no riva extension....people on the forum make homemade 4 inch intakes that go up to the gas tank

Alright another question is:
    I have the Riva Intake, Soon have the Blow Off Valve, and Powerpipe exhaust, and a worx intake along with Riva Pro Series OPAS blockoffs. Next thing is gunna be a prop. Who's got the best out there for this setup? what's the difference between a 3 and 4 blade? I know stock is 4 blade.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZinMJ View Post
    no riva extension....people on the forum make homemade 4 inch intakes that go up to the gas tank
    4" from the sc all the way to the thank? and what did you do with the small hose that conect into the air intake at the front of the engine?

+1
    You attach a catch can to the end of the hose. You can buy one for $132 or make one for $20.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    You attach a catch can to the end of the hose. You can buy one for $132 or make one for $20.
    hmm..i'm not shure what ''catch can'' you are saying, if you would have a picture of it would be great....
    thanks for answering me...

+1
    Sure

There's a thread on it somewhere, you should be able to find it with a search for 'custom catch can' 'homemade catch can' or 'home depot catch can' or something related to those phrases.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02948.JPG 
Views:	1570 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	30285  

RMcElarney: I think PPG makes an extention for the Riva air filter kit. I think it`s a bit pricey as well, last time i checked...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by pet
    ...what did you do with the small hose that conect into the air intake at the front of the engine?
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJr
    Or...you can cut the appropriate sized hole into the side of the 4" hose, in the approximate location as stock and continue on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information