Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Problem not sure?

Had my Triple pipe out this weekend and started noticing that once in awhile after turning the ski off to talk a minute would go to start it to take off and it would just spin over real fast but not fire. Let off than hit it again and it will turn over like it should and fire right up. Dont remember it doing this last year. Does that sound like something maybe getting ready to give up. When I say real fast it acts like it doesnt have any compression or like there are no plugs in it. But when I stop and hit it again it turns over but with compression if that makes since. Going away on vacation in a couple of weeks and want to make sure its ready to roll. Its a Lowell ported 1200 triple pipe. Thanks maybe I am just freaken out.

+1
    Sounds like the starter bendix gear (and the spring) may be on the way out. Pull the starter and take a peek.

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Sounds like the starter bendix gear (and the spring) may be on the way out. Pull the starter and take a peek.
    The bendix is nex to the flywheel!!!! I carry on thnis issue for a wile eventually had to replace the bendix

+1
    or the snout is about to snap off....

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    or the snout is about to snap off....
    Now he is not going to able to sleep. Come on Mark!!
    Its like having stomach ache after a Mexican Dinner and the pharmacist is telling you that it could be cancer!!

Why would it be the starter gear it turns over every time?

+1
    Could be an Advent issue. Sometimes they will turn the motor over without igniting the coils causing the motor to spin faster without the advance load. Try pulling the lanyard and wait a few seconds before trying again. I have experienced this before.

Duke that is exactly what it is doing. And I have pulled the lanyard to get it to work. Hope the advent isnt going bad it only lasted 2 hrs the first time. It wont be covered under warranty this time and that would suck for the price of it. Does yours still do this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Duke that is exactly what it is doing. And I have pulled the lanyard to get it to work. Hope the advent isnt going bad it only lasted 2 hrs the first time. It wont be covered under warranty this time and that would suck for the price of it. Does yours still do this?
    Not sure if any actually work right. Mine has been replaced and now just has a different issue or 2 with the starting circuit. Sometimes the starter will engage and won't stop until you remove the power source. Greg at Advent recognizes these problems as thermal failures and will usually warranty the part. In the mean time bring your stock CDI with you so it can at least be ridden if all else fails.

I highly recommend that you install some sort of marine grade switch to disconnect the battery.

Can I ride with the stock cdi? I thought that you could only use that to check to see if the advent was working.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information