Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mobil1 15w-50

Mobil1 15w-50

I now own two 2007 4TEC SCIC engines. Both just got it broken in. (Proper hard breakin of course - took ~2.5 hours)

It is time for it's first oil change to clean up most the shaved metals. I will change the oil again at 10 hours to hopefully get all the shaved metals out. Afterward it will be every 25 hours.

Still debating if I want to wait until the original warranty to expire to: (1) swap out the creamic washer to metal washer and (2) swap out the metal ball bearing to creamic ball bearing.

For the moment. I will keep it stock.

I definitely want to go FULL SYNTHETIC for lubricant. The general conseus is: synthetic oil without friction modifiers should work fine.

Consideration are:
    Mobil 1 15w-50 (Back By Popular Demand)
    or
    Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w-40
    or
    AmsOil MCF 10w-40

I am leaning toward the M1 15w50 since I had very good performance with these in the past on sport bikes.

Now the oil question. Is M1 15w50 good for these 4TEC SCIC?
    Last edited by UaVaj; 07-05-2007 at 02:44 PM.

+1
    Do the oil change at recommended 10hr service and use Seadoo oil like also recommended, you do not need to change oil every 25hrs, overkill

and at the rate these 07 sc washers are failing i would put the metals in before i even started the darn thing...

Change out the washers...Or your next thread "might" start with...
    WTF!!!
    By the way...Welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by lugnut; 07-05-2007 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UaVaj View Post
    I now own two 2007 4TEC SCIC engines. Both just got it broken in. (Proper hard breakin of course - took ~2.5 hours)

It is time for it's first oil change to clean up most the shaved metals. I will change the oil again at 10 hours to hopefully get all the shaved metals out. Afterward it will be every 25 hours.

Still debating if I want to wait until the original warranty to expire to: (1) swap out the creamic washer to metal washer and (2) swap out the metal ball bearing to creamic ball bearing.

I definitely want to go FULL SYNTHETIC for lubricant. The general conseus is: synthetic oil without friction modifiers should work fine.

Consideration are:
    or
    Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w-40
    or
    AmsOil MCF 10w-40 YES YES

I am leaning toward the M1 15w50 since I had very good performance with these in the past on sport bikes.

Now the oil question. Is M1 15w50 good for these 4TEC SCIC? NO

Yes Amsoil WILL last longer than conventional oil and even suspened the contaminents better. It WILL also hold up better to fuel dilution.
    It`s up to you when you feel you should change the oil & filter, if you drive your ski hard, then 25 hours sounds about right. Even if you only put 25 hours on it in one season, you have to consider the length of time the machine is off and how it is store in between use. Even tho the additive packages in the oils are more than enough to combat acids, personnally I would not go FOREVER on the oil and filter if your pocket can afford to do so. I think the normal interval with BRP oil is around 50 hours, and the oil is badly diluted with gas as expected in SC engines.
    IT is the users choice and what we/you feel comfortable with in regards to what brand oils and the drain interval...
    Some of us are using Amsoil MCF 10W40 with metal washers by choice bc some of us feel it is better overall for the $$$. atleast with me it is bc I run Amsoil products in all my vehicles.
    There are many many oil threads debating this issue and there are many facts on the subject as to what once was is no longer and what is is being used today. Take the time to really read those threads and you`ll get a full understanding why some of us promote this particular brand!...isn`t your investment wirth a few more dollars to help protect the engine a bit better!?...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-05-2007 at 05:44 PM.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Change the clutch washers now. Dealer will never know and your warranty will stay intact. Word on the street is '08's will have metal anyways so they will think you got yours early. If your ceramics go out I'll be the first one to point out how foolish you were.

I'm using the Mobil 4T oil. I didn't go Amsoil because I want to be able to purchase it at a store whenever I need it rather than have to order it. The other mobil 1 is not JASO MA rated so do not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobil 1 website
    Mobil 1 15W-50 is formulated with SuperSyn, an extra-high viscosity synthetic fluid, plus extra anti-wear additive
    The 4T oil is good in my opinion. I've put 15-20 hours in since the last oil change and it is still really clean. The SD oil would be black after 5 hours. Does make it harder to check oil since it's not black sludge anymore. I'm thinking 30-40 hours (a full season for me) between changes with the 4T which is way more than I would go with the SD conventional oil.
    Last edited by NCHeel; 07-05-2007 at 08:56 PM.

Base on my basic understanding of oil 101. M1 15w50 should be fine. It too does NOT have any molybdenum.

IMHO - M1 15w50 shoul pass JASO MA with flying colors. Just not tested.

For further analysis. Does anyone here have a link to:
    M1 15w50 VOA? UOA?
    or
    M1 R4T 10w40 VOA? UOA?
    or
    MCF 10w40 VOA? UOA?

I will see if I can find these analysis on Bob's Forum.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Why chance it? Our application is what the 4T oil was designed for.

Base on my basic understanding of oil 101. M1 15w50 should be fine. It too does NOT have any molybdenum.

IMHO - M1 15w50 shoul pass JASO MA with flying colors. Just not tested.

For further analysis. Does anyone here have a link to:
    M1 15w50 VOA? UOA?
    or
    M1 R4T 10w40 VOA? UOA?
    or
    MCF 10w40 VOA? UOA?

I will see if I can find these analysis on Bob's Forum.
    That weight oil is to heavy...PR...

+1

Consideration are:
    or
    Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w-40
    or
    AmsOil MCF 10w-40

Now the oil question. Is M1 15w50 good for these 4TEC SCIC?

In October you should have at least 50 hours, so take your ski to the dealer for your oil change/tuneup which includes supercharger maintenance as per the manual. By then they will have the 08 metals, so you tell them to put the metal 08 ones in, and you will be safe as far as warranty is concerned for the life of your ski!

+1
    If you want to stick with the Mobil 1 Oil I would use the Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w-40 Another option for you on the AMSOIL side is the AMSOIL Marine Oil 10w-40 also. http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/wcf.aspx?zo=367509

Here is the study on the AMSOIL Marine Oil for the Sea-Doo engines with the Super Chargers compared to the Sea-Doo Oil
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information