R&D Aquavein for the 250X

Hi guys,
    did anyone install it yet?
    I would like a review from someone that actually has this.

Wow, I didn't even know it was available yet. Just checked the website and sure nuff it is currently available to be ordered.

Many say/believe the scoop is not needed for the Ultra 250 from a rec rider perspective. I wonder how this scoop will compare to the Riva unit.

normally scoop grates scrub speed (sometimes as much as 2 mph+) off your top end by keeping the ski planted in the water.

Time will tell. Riva is claiming no speed loss and increased hook up with their unit. Not sure if R&D makes the same claim or if they just say it improves hookup.

I don't know of any 250's having trouble staying hooked, and for a speed loss, that would be one of the last mods on my list, I'd start with a ride plate before intake grate

Quote Originally Posted by efizjb View Post
    I don't know of any 250's having trouble staying hooked, and for a speed loss, that would be one of the last mods on my list, I'd start with a ride plate before intake grate
    you get unhooked when you are running with the wind @ your back in nice 1-3 foot chop.

I am suprised we haven't gotten more responses/opinions.

R&D aqua vein test results

I tried it today on my Ultra today, 90 degrees out, feels like 95 though, party cloudy, no wind, bar 30.5, water calm

stk peak speed was 66.29 @ 7610rpm
    0 to 30 of 1.99 sec
    0 to 60 of 5.74 sec

put on the grate..

peak speed 65.21 @ 7580rpm
    0 to 30 of 1.94 sec
    0 to 60 of 5.84 sec

Overall on smooth water, it slowed the boat down a mile an hour, although the 0 to 30 is a fraction faster. Had a wierd handling issue for me, made the boat hunt a little from side to side, There is a thumping harmonic now when you go into a hard turn, you can feel it through the seat, which I didn't have with the stocker.

I then headed for the rough stuff, I can't say it was good or bad, my Ultra has never had an issue in the chop or the ocean for that matter. Heading for the ocean later, we see how it feels then. Time will tell when other results come in, but I was a little dissapointed. At this point in the heat, I can't afford to loose any top speed.

Out of curiousity, how were you calculating those times for 0-30 and 0-60? was that on a full tank or partial tank?
    any other mods done to your ski?

thanks for posting your findings.

Curtis

Curtis, I have a Stalker ATS, gps, tachs etc etc. testing done on 1/2 tank of gas. Mods on the ski, Riva power filter kit, sponsons, valve cover blockoffs.

+1
    *Grate info!* JK, great info, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by blownrxp07 View Post
    I tried it today on my Ultra today, 90 degrees out, feels like 95 though, party cloudy, no wind, bar 30.5, water calm

stk peak speed was 66.29 @ 7610rpm
    0 to 30 of 1.99 sec
    0 to 60 of 5.74 sec

put on the grate..

peak speed 65.21 @ 7580rpm
    0 to 30 of 1.94 sec
    0 to 60 of 5.84 sec

Overall on smooth water, it slowed the boat down a mile an hour, although the 0 to 30 is a fraction faster. Had a wierd handling issue for me, made the boat hunt a little from side to side, There is a thumping harmonic now when you go into a hard turn, you can feel it through the seat, which I didn't have with the stocker.

I then headed for the rough stuff, I can't say it was good or bad, my Ultra has never had an issue in the chop or the ocean for that matter. Heading for the ocean later, we see how it feels then. Time will tell when other results come in, but I was a little dissapointed. At this point in the heat, I can't afford to loose any top speed.
    Can we have some more pics of it?there is only one at the site.
    Side by side with the stock one?

Thread Information