gp800 fuel accelerator pump to electric ?'s

i would like to know if anyone has gotten rid of accelerator pump and used a electric fuel pump in its place. any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    most of us get rid of accel pump and rejet.

your ski sounds like its very rich..lots of smoke, barely runs, etc. ..like the needle is not dropping back down on the seat.

Inside the carbs is a kidney block held in by two screws. on the back of the block is a small clear plastic pc covering a hole in the block. It sounds like this might have been left off.. will prevent the needle from re-seating i'm thinking, because i had to put double plastic on my triple pipe to get the needle to reseat after popoff.

Most of us tuners remove the accel pump. It was for emissions, not performance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    Most of us tuners remove the accel pump. It was for emissions, not performance.
    How does squirting more fuel down the throat of the carb help emissions? Is this because they want to jet it leaner than they probably "should" for the top end and they need something to prevent it from going lean during initial tip in on the throttle? Just trying to understand as I've always wondered exactly why Yamaha did it in the first place... that and why just on 1 and 3 on the GPR?

Smile

ok so how do you run the fuel lines off of the pump or just ditch them. do you have to block off anything on the carbs. if you know of a thread or can explain what to do i would really appreciate it. sorry guys this is my first ski and have no experience with accelerator pumps. all my other double carbs exp has been on quads. thanks for the help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lifted99f250 View Post
    ok so how do you run the fuel lines off of the pump or just ditch them. do you have to block off anything on the carbs. if you know of a thread or can explain what to do i would really appreciate it. sorry guys this is my first ski and have no experience with accelerator pumps. all my other double carbs exp has been on quads. thanks for the help
    Just curious... what exactly are you trying to accomplish by removing the accelerator pump? Is it possible you are getting that confused with the fuel pump itself? The fuel pump it integrated into the carb body and uses pulses off of the engine to pump fuel into the carb. Each carb on these engines has it's own fuel pump, there is no gain by trying to eliminate it.

The acceleator pump is used to "squirt" an extra bit of fuel into the engine when you are applying throttle. Some people modify their carb settings to elminate the need for this extra "squirt".

Not trying to be critical, just think it would help if we understood what you were trying to accomplish. Also, Island Racing I believe does make a block off kit for the acc pump if you're sure you want to go that route, just be ready to re-jet / tune the carb as well.

Thread Information