Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New To Jet Ski

New To Jet Ski

This is my first post. I would like to start by saying what a great site. I am an Aircraft Mech, Built and raced some cars and motorcycles and must say this is as unique of a site as Jet Skis them selves. I have learned on here what would have taken me years with out this site. I bought a pair of skis a couple weeks ago just to get my young ones used to the water. One was an 95 xp the second which brings me here a 94 SL 750. The SL was thought to be junk. I actually got it running to hear some knocking and decided that since it would at least run it would be repairable. After tearing it down I learned I will need a new piston kit a little honing on the cylinders and would like to do the 3 way fuel pump and block off the oil pump and run premix. My first guidance needed is about the piston kit. they are avaliable on ebay for $249 and I read here that there are some companies that will give members a discount. Is the $249 as good a deal as any or can anyone tell me the quality of these parts? Second where to go for the fuel pump. I would like the complete kit hoses insturctions etc. Third are there any complications to blocking off the oil injector or is it simply a plate and removing the drive? Thanks for any and all input. Don

Welcome to the hulk!For the fuel pump give Randy a call at watcon he can help ya!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to ther Hulk Don. The WSM piston kit on Ebay I've read is a pretty good kit, no body has said anything bad about it. The round Mikuni triple outlet fuel pump can be had off Ebay,with instructions. And the block off is straight forward like you described. Remove the gears (preferred kit has a slug to fill the "void" of the missing gear to keep vac as close as possible to stock, but isn't necessary) and it can be had off Ebay too. The cheaper block off kit that is. Then you cap off the oil lines and oil line fittings. Then you either fool the CDI that the oil tank is full with keeping the sender tied up to full position, or install a 33 ohm resistor inline and remove the tank and sender. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLAR...QQcmdZViewItem and block off http://denniskirk.com/jsp/product_ca...905&mmyId=8456
    Last edited by xlint89; 07-05-2007 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks very much! Pistons are bought. I will wait till tomorrow to find Randy's number in one of the forums and I will also look at the oil system to see about buying the block off......

Thanks again....... much....... Don

+1
    Don Welcome to the Hulk.
    I to am a A&P with FCC. Where do you work?
    The oil block off plate can be fabricated. For a aircraft wrench this should be a no brainer. If you have any more ? just ask away. And we love pic's.

+1
    Great post, I too am in the middle of a 94 750 SL rebuild. Ask away let me help you where I f'd up already. The folks here have been great so far.

I was with Flying Tigers and bought out by FedEx, 22 years now.
    With the oil block off is it necessary to put anything inplace of the gear? should i leave it in or remove it and place nothing in its place? I have to be honest I have not looked at it yet so sorry if this is obvious. I kinda closed everyting up and decided to wait on parts to arrive. Thanks for all the input it has been great help......
    Don

While i am here one other question comes to mind. I am a little new to two strokes and when i pulled the jugs and the pistons I notice that there is a good bit of side to side movement in the connecting rod. There is not any up and down on the crank but for and aft there is a great deal. I assume because of the condition of the rods and that they are all the same that this is normal. This ski was in such good shape that I could still see the original cross hatch hones on the cylinder walls. I bought from orig owner and I think it has a little less than 200 hours on it. The multi function gage is inop and i read on here that there is a fuse so when I open it back up i will check that. Thanks again. Don

+1
    Don the rods will have fore and aft movement. They are needle bearings. Remove the gear and spacer and your good to go some high performance engine builders like to add a slug in place of the gear but on a stock machine you will be OK. I worked on MD 11 delivery team for FedEx back in 1994 working out of Mojave CA..
    Keep us posted..

+1
    Welcome to the forum !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information