correct GTX prop size ???

Hi Dave. I have a basically stock GTX SC with the exception of a stock RXP intake with stock intercooler installed in this 2004 ski. which really just cools down the incoming charge a bit. I have run a stock 4 blade, a re-pitched stock prop, and a 16\21 skat 3 blade and surprisingly I`m still on the rev limiter @ 7600-7650 with a decent amount of throttle still to go. I can apply full throttle to get to max speed but once i`m maxxed out I can pull the throttle back about 1/3 travel and still hold the speed unless I turn or hit rougher conditions.

What would you reccomend I try as far as prop pitch?...Thanks...PR...

+1
    Hello PR,
    It's a little unusual that you'd be hitting the rev limiter, and having 1/3 throttle left with either the Skat 16/21 or the stock impeller with those slight changes. I can't say with the repitched impeller, because it depends what it was changed to, but if you're confident that there is no air intrusion, and you're reaching an average top speed of low 60's, then we can adjust any of them to maximize the performance. The 3 blade Skat typically produces the best bottom end pull of the two designs, but we can usually get more speed with the 4 blades.
    Best way to fine tune the impeller to your specific ski is to decide which one you want to alter, send it in with a note explaining the rpm and performance characteristics (and the fact that you have 1/3 throttle left) and we'll pitch it to utilize all the throttle- you'll likely see a speed gain.
    Thanks
    David

Dave Thanks for replying! next time I go out I`ll note the R`s and speed again to verify what`s happening...PR...

I have to remember that cooler air temps play a role, the weather here has been abnormal as far as going from one extreme to another.

Dave, 7600 is all she would do in the 95+ heat and high humidity this morning with the bone stock prop, but I still can pull back throttle about 1/3 and maintain 7600 with only approx 1/2 pound of boost loss, very minimal...
    is this where I`m to be at?
    today`s max speed was 60.9 mph GPS`d at 7600 on glass...

I have gone 62.3 -62.5 on cooler days at 7600-7650...

Thanks ...PR...

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...660#post338660
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-09-2007 at 08:16 PM.

+1
    My first thought is that the rpm reading is inaccurate. I use a PET2500 instead of relying on stock gauges (assuming your are reading the stock gauge).

Other than that, since it's happening with all three impellers, you may be drawing air in the pump, which is allowing the r's to rise and limit your speed. I'd be happy to check one or all of them for you to see if they're right on for you.
    Thanks
    David

Thread Information