Riva Thrull Hull Installation ?

Is it absolutely neccessary to remove the OPAS to install the exhaust? Reason I'm asking is I just installed the RE's BOs and used that right stuff silicone and rather not remove it unless I absolutely have to.

+1
    No, it is a little easier to use the hole made by having the OPAS gone to work on the thru hull, but you can install it without that hole exposed. You just have to be a little limber

Any other tips on installation? I read the instructions and sounds fairly straight forward. Is the waterline that goes to the new pipe absolutely neccessary or is that just for noise reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by DooVa View Post
    Any other tips on installation? I read the instructions and sounds fairly straight forward. Is the waterline that goes to the new pipe absolutely neccessary or is that just for noise reduction?
    Not necessary, but easiest way for installation purposes. I would suggest you tighten up the clamp on the coupler at the thru hull fitting prior to installing the pipe itself with its clamp, if that makes any sense....also keep the drill perpendicular to the hull when drilling the holes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    also keep the drill perpendicular to the hull when drilling the holes.
    This is a good point for some other people's input. I have installed 2 thru hull exhausts. The first one I didn't pay attention to the angle of the ski. It was a Beeeeoootch to get the tip and the collar to mate, and it still leaked some water into the hull. The second time, I made sure the holes were perpendicular to the hull. It was stiil difficult to mate until I drilled the screw holes at an angle.

So my thought is to drill the exhaust tip hole perpenicular and fit it in before you drill the screw holes. Then fit the collar. Then drill the screw holes with a smaller drill bit at whatever angle goes thru both. Then take the tip and collar off and drill the screw holes to the appropriate size at the angle you did the small hole. This is how I would do the next one I do. Maybe I am a retard, but I have had some trouble with both I have done.

What's the purpose of removeing the VTS when installing the exhaust? Is it just to get the exhaust baffle out? Is there any other way of doing it without having to remove the VTS motor?

vts

Quote Originally Posted by DooVa View Post
    What's the purpose of removeing the VTS when installing the exhaust? Is it just to get the exhaust baffle out? Is there any other way of doing it without having to remove the VTS motor?

cut the baffle into two pieces or remove the throttle body

To remove the VTS was easy. And being that you don't have the whole on the side to tighten the clamp, you may want as much room as you could get. I had to remove the VTS but I was putting in an external intercooler.

Peter

Just read this, I had just removed the TB since I wanted to check the plate position anyway.

Thread Information