Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Question RXP Stage 2 problem exhaust temp warning???

Ok I have been fighting this off and on but it was very iconsistant but now its all the time, my exhaust warning light and alarm keep going off. I have a Riva Stage 2 kit on a 06 RXP what did I do wrong or what am I missing? It used to only go off when I would be turning tight circles around and around but now it goes off all of the time and bogs the Doo down. Thanks for your help.
    Mike

+1
    Mike, are you running a water strainer in the water line feeding the intercooler? If not you need to be!

More than likely your intercooler needs cleaning. This thread will help you.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15167

Whats probably happening is your intercooler is clogged cutting off water flow to the exhaust. Thats the reason you're getting the H-Temp alarm.

I had the same problem.
    You need to install the 15/20R with the stage II. Mine had the same problem because, I was on the limiter with the 14/19R and it was over heating.

Plus we did the water strainer.
    Last edited by Wolverine; 07-05-2007 at 09:32 PM.

+1
    Water is being restricted somewhere. It is either in your inake grate, IC or water lines. Don't run it until you find it or you will melt your exhaust sensor and blow a hole in your waterbox.

+1
    Grrrrrrrrrrrreat no I'm not running a strainer never thought about it. I guess the biggest reason is we run on a lake/river and the stock RXP we have has never had any problems. But after reading your thread from the link I see they all need them. You think the intercooler is plugged vs the J pipe clamped to low or wrong? It has done this since we installed it last year but only in tight low speed spins, now its all the time. Time to deal with it now.

+1
    Mine has same prob. I haven`t had a chance to look at my ski but I think I have the J-pipe sitting directly on the inlet pipe to the waterbox.

Make sure your coupler connecting the j-pipe to the waterbox isn't clamped ON TOP OF the three pissers near the end of the j-pipe. You block them by accident and you will pinch off the water flow. Also, one solution is to block off the water line connecting to the very end of your rear exhaust pipe. Simply clamp it off and and widen out the three pissers on your j-pipe. Water pressure will increase ahead of your temp sensor.

And finally, and this does work, screw in a small "block-off valve" hose over the flush tube by your pump. Preventing water from exiting there while running will block water from rerouting out of the j-pipe; thereby keeping the sensor cooler.

You should make sure you don't have any blockages before doing any of these.

Brendan
    Last edited by BDNJ; 07-06-2007 at 11:02 AM.

+1
    I was reading Green Hulks post on the link he provided and was wondering would radiator flush work the same as condenser cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by BDNJ View Post
    Make sure your coupler connecting the j-pipe to the waterbox isn't clamped ON TOP OF the three pissers near the end of the j-pipe. You block them by accident and you will pinch off the water flow.
    Brendan,

Can you post a pic of where exactly the "pissers" are located. I know this comes up a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Brendan,

Can you post a pic of where exactly the "pissers" are located. I know this comes up a lot.

let me hunt for a pic..................... they are located just below the chromed area of the j-pipe right as the pipe narrows into the black section that goes into the waterbox.. They are very small.
    Last edited by BDNJ; 07-06-2007 at 11:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information