Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    camar0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunshine
    Posts
    787

    Issues after installing new green blade...

    Well got the green blade and 42lb injectors installed... took ski to lake where conditions were 84 air 84 water on july 4th.... max rpm was like 7700 and only showed 6.2lb boost... basically neck and neck with bro's new 07 rxp... he was showing around 7900rpms....

    I was running 8050rpms before but air/water was cooler.... also i think my intercooler hose was lose and possibly causing the leak but more testing will be done tomorrow...

    jerry what should i be seeing for boost at 8000 to 8100 ?

    i have the 14/19 3-blade and also hoping to get the 4inch tubing installed by this weekend...

    also should i be looking at another prop instead?


  2. #2
    uh oh this isnt good!! dont tell me this, has anyone else installed theres yet. Jerry was there extensive testing on this sc wheel, i know that may sound like a dumb question but i have to ask cause now im kinda worried about mine when it comes. Ive had enough problems already i dont need more! You did assure this sc wheel was superior to the others, other than S3 Riva and Rude charger. This green wheel isnt going to let me down is it .

  3. #3
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    809
    Don't worry about the boost factor. I had 6lbs of boost with the rotax high boost impeller at 7600 rpms. Re-sealed the stock IC block-off (don't know if that did anything), changed from 4" front intake to rear intake, changed the 81mm ring to 83mm and I got 9.1lbs at 8100. My point is, boost readings are drastically effected by RPMs.
    Last edited by JFizzleJR; 07-06-2007 at 12:13 AM. Reason: had to fix my typo!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn View Post
    uh oh this isnt good!! dont tell me this, has anyone else installed theres yet. Jerry was there extensive testing on this sc wheel, i know that may sound like a dumb question but i have to ask cause now im kinda worried about mine when it comes. Ive had enough problems already i dont need more! You did assure this sc wheel was superior to the others, other than S3 Riva and Rude charger. This green wheel isnt going to let me down is it .
    Guys, please don't get your panties in a bundle...Im sure there is a resonable explanation. Trust me, Jerry is VERY CAREFUL about what he puts his seal of approval and name on.

    As for Camar0's problem there could be a bunch of factors. I didn't know that a 14/19 3 blade was available, did you have it specially pitched? And most guys have found out that the 3 blade props don't truly shine until you intsall an AM ECU and are running above 8100 RPM. Like Camar) noted, he tested in different weather conditions...this can have an effect. The 4-tec SCIC engine has proven to be sensitive to weather changes. Camar0, you are way low on boost though. You have a leak somewhere!!! A bone stock 4-tec SCIC engine puts out 7lbs of boost. With the Green Wheel you should be close to 10lbs. Did you install your own SC wheel? If so you may want to retrace your steps and make sure you did everything correctly. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Don't worry about the boost factor. I had 6lbs of boost with the rotax high boost impeller at 7600 rpms. Re-sealed the stock IC block-off (don't know if that did anything), changed from 4" front intake to rear intake, changed the 81mm ring to 83mm and I got 9.1lbs at 8100. My point it, boost readings are drastically effected by RPMs.
    Good point. Centri's make more boost the higher the RPM are, so if you are down on RPM you are down on boost. I wonder if the prop could have something to do with Camar0's problem.

  6. #6
    Matthew K ReDevilRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    I didn't know that a 14/19 3 blade was available, did you have it specially pitched?
    Skat makes a 14/19 3 blade. They've made em for awhile now its just that Jerry doesnt sell them. Jerrys sells the 15/19 and 15/18 because its a Riva/Skat prop. The 14/19 is just Skat.

  7. #7
    BIG BOOST stickem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by camar0 View Post
    Well got the green blade and 42lb injectors installed... took ski to lake where conditions were 84 air 84 water on july 4th.... max rpm was like 7700 and only showed 6.2lb boost... basically neck and neck with bro's new 07 rxp... he was showing around 7900rpms....

    I was running 8050rpms before but air/water was cooler.... also i think my intercooler hose was lose and possibly causing the leak but more testing will be done tomorrow...

    jerry what should i be seeing for boost at 8000 to 8100 ?

    i have the 14/19 3-blade and also hoping to get the 4inch tubing installed by this weekend...

    also should i be looking at another prop instead?


    The discharge from the supercharger was'nt connected I'm sure when I hit the water this am things will be back on track will post more tonight

  8. #8
    camar0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunshine
    Posts
    787
    yea frank is working on my ski so im hoping things will be ok today

  9. #9
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,399
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by stickem View Post
    The discharge from the supercharger was'nt connected I'm sure when I hit the water this am things will be back on track will post more tonight
    Camar0 before you start a panic please check for boost leaks

    You should see 9+ PSI of boost at 8100 RPM's with a Riva intercooler.

  10. #10
    camar0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunshine
    Posts
    787
    yea looking in the ski you couldnt tell anything was wrong but when frank touched the SC discharge tube to IC it came off... lol...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 03 gtx sc key issue after new ecm installed
    By jimfleming88 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 11:12 AM
  2. Issues after NEW ECU 2007 RXT
    By crisistc in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 10:22 AM
  3. Idle Speed After Installing New Supercharge Wheel
    By thompsdw in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 05:54 AM
  4. 96 XP flooding issues after installing R&D intake
    By spikedbat in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 10:51 AM
  5. Interesting issue after installing Riva Thermo kit
    By Sirhc7897 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •