Still crazy after all these beers Mac Daddy Racing's Avatar

96 SL 780 questions

Hello all, I am new to the site (found it last night surfing for help). Anyway, I tried the search and could not find the info I am looking for. I have a 96 SL 780 that I am fixing for a lady friend. Here's the history of the machine. It has 29 hours on it, sat for the last year or so. She took it out on Fathers Day (ran great). Now it will start, idle, but when you hit the flipper to go it bogs and has no power. We towed her back to the dock.

I am familiar with the 97 Sea-doo I ride, just need some info on the Polaris. I am assuming the carbs are plugged some place inside or it's not getting fuel.

1. How do I get the carbs off the machine? 10mm socket with a swivel on the mounting plate bolts? Kinda tight in there.
    2. What makes the bilge pump turn on and off? Currently will not turn on as the ski was full of water after sitting in marina (bad drain plug).

Like I said in the top of the post, unit starts and idles great, just no power. I was going to drain the gas out, clean the fuel water separator. I want to clean the carbs and check the electrical box for a bad fuse for the bilge pump. Anything else you experts can think of????

Any and all help would be great.

Thanks, Mac Daddy Racing

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy Racing View Post
    Hello all, I am new to the site (found it last night surfing for help). Anyway, I tried the search and could not find the info I am looking for. I have a 96 SL 780 that I am fixing for a lady friend. Here's the history of the machine. It has 29 hours on it, sat for the last year or so. She took it out on Fathers Day (ran great). Now it will start, idle, but when you hit the flipper to go it bogs and has no power. We towed her back to the dock.

I am familiar with the 97 Sea-doo I ride, just need some info on the Polaris. I am assuming the carbs are plugged some place inside or it's not getting fuel.

1. How do I get the carbs off the machine? 10mm socket with a swivel on the mounting plate bolts? Kinda tight in there. There are 6 nuts under the carb base than need to be removed I think the are 12mm get a stubby wrench.
    2. What makes the bilge pump turn on and off? Currently will not turn on as the ski was full of water after sitting in marina (bad drain plug). The bilge pump turns on when the motor is ruining.

Like I said in the top of the post, unit starts and idles great, just no power. I was going to drain the gas out, clean the fuel water separator. I want to clean the carbs and check the electrical box for a bad fuse for the bilge pump. Anything else you experts can think of????

Any and all help would be great.

Thanks, Mac Daddy Racing
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Still crazy after all these beers Mac Daddy Racing's Avatar
    Ahhh I could feel the bolts holding the carbs on, I'll give that a try after work. Thanks.

Thread Information