Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hesitates on takeoff???

I just got 16 hours on my ski and it ran good and strong untill now. When I punch the throttle the RPM's max out then studders a few times untill the ski starts moveing then it runs fine. It never did this untill now with 16 hours on it. Could it be the spark plugs?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TEEBEE View Post
    I just got 16 hours on my ski and it ran good and strong untill now. When I punch the throttle the RPM's max out then studders a few times untill the ski starts moveing then it runs fine. It never did this untill now with 16 hours on it. Could it be the spark plugs?
    Cavitation.....Buy a pump stuffer seal kit from R-Rated..1-732-606-1163 Rudy..........

From what I have been reading, I am going to pick up the NGK CR9EIX iridium plugs for $12.10 each @ a local Yamaha dealer only because they have them in stock. The Kawasaki dealer wants $10.00 each but only has 2 in stock. The auto parts store wants $7.97 each but has to special order them. Looks like $50.00 to me if I want to ride this weekend. I will post back if the problem is resolved.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds more like cavitation, check the pump housing and impeller for damage,or check to see if the sealer is blowing out around the intake grate. you can get the pump stuffer if you want, or just as easy to pull the intake grate and reseal it for @ 7-10 bucks.

Ok so I'm hearing conflicting reports. Can I use the Iridium plugs or not and why is it that the stock plugs are no where to be found. Was there a defect with them? Why did they fail?

Spark Plugs NGK IX iridium 3521 CR9EIX .032"$6.95 NGK Double Platinum 4717 PMR9B .032"$13.55
    Last edited by AZUltraRich; 07-07-2007 at 03:44 PM.

Last edited by AZUltraRich; 07-07-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Hesitation

Max RPM...but stutters? Do you mean you hear a "roaring" sound and it it does not come right up on plane? Are you carrying a passenger for the first time? and have half or less tank of fuel? If the nose is up because weight is shifted to the rear (full tank keeps nose down, passenger pushes nose up) air will get entrained and you will cavitate until you get onto plane. The more weight of passengers you have the worse it gets. We put three guys on for a short trip, like 600 lbs of people (exceeds rating) and we had to lean way over the nose to get her on plane...once there....a little slower on acceleration but still very fast. If you are alone, and no roaring sound and you haven't gained a lot of weight in a short time.... then ignore the above

Smile Ngk Cr9eix

Just install today ran fine, speed the same , found these plugs at local O'reilly for $6.99 special order and only take 4 hours to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TEEBEE View Post
    From what I have been reading, I am going to pick up the NGK CR9EIX iridium plugs for $12.10 each @ a local Yamaha dealer only because they have them in stock. The Kawasaki dealer wants $10.00 each but only has 2 in stock. The auto parts store wants $7.97 each but has to special order them. Looks like $50.00 to me if I want to ride this weekend. I will post back if the problem is resolved.

Problem not fixed

Ok I put the CR9EIX plugs in and it did not fix the problem. As soon as I punch the throttle the engine flutters three or four times before it is a constant steady pull. I don't know why it does this. I did put 87 octane in it once because it was the only gas I could get at the time and the next time I road my ski it started the fluttering thing at takeoff. Can anybody help?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information