Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Help??!??!?!

Help??!??!?!

OK. I have already posted about my carbon ring continues to leak. What is happening is that my shaft keeps moving forward. The alignment has been checked, the rubber boot is on the shaft, everyone is baffled. Here is what they are starting to say. They i think are going to pull the motor next to see if the plastic piece inside the moter is broke. I dont even know about this piece but....................They are starting to learn towards that when I put the stage 1 impeller on that if I didnt have the splines lined up right I would have pushed to shaft forward and broke this piece. How can you even get the bolts started in if the splines are not lines up? I have changed out pumps many times and I'm not buying it. Although the boat is an 04 I had bought the extended warrenty and feel like I am going to get hung out to dry although they havnet even figured out the probelm yet. They also said the may think the nose cone is creating pressure on the shaft.

I have only the RE blockoffs, thru hull, top filter system and the stage 1 pump along with washers. All bolt on mods

ttt

Plastic piece inside the motor??? Which piece is that? Do you mean the little rubber fitting thats fits in the front of the driveshaft? Have you checked your rear engine mounts? Under load your engine can lift with a broken mount causing water to come in the carbon seal. You have to really pull on the engine to lift it when checking the mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by CRS View Post
    Plastic piece inside the motor??? Which piece is that? Do you mean the little rubber fitting thats fits in the front of the driveshaft? Have you checked your rear engine mounts? Under load your engine can lift with a broken mount causing water to come in the carbon seal. You have to really pull on the engine to lift it when checking the mounts.
    yes the plastic piece inside the motor, NOT the one on the shaft. They said that one is fine and also checked alignment, the mounts and all. They say its all OK, they really cannot figure it out but keep asking about my solas impeller, that it has to have something to do with it or the cone or I did it putting the pump back on which i am not buying. They fixed it the last time and the shaft moved forward again in about 10 minutes.
    Last edited by catchme; 07-06-2007 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Ok I'm confused,I've had my motor apart several times and I'm not aware of any plastic piece inside it.
    What I have seen is water get inside the Solas nose cone and hydraulic the driveshaft forward causing damage.We drilled a small hole on each side of the alloy nose cone on the flats that you use to tighten it and that bleeds of the pressure .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imp 1.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	30468  

Ok I'm confused,I've had my motor apart several times and I'm not aware of any plastic piece inside it.
    What I have seen is water get inside the Solas nose cone and hydraulic the driveshaft forward causing damage.We drilled a small hole on each side of the alloy nose cone on the flats that you use to tighten it and that bleeds of the pressure .
    I was thinking of putting my cone back on until I read this...

Thats what they are thinking. So here is the million dollar question. If Riva sends this cone with the impeller, and obviously there have been probelms with it creating problems for others and now possibly me........shouldnt Riva be responsible for costs? Here I am paying a shop once and maybe twice now, it will end up being 5-6 hundred bucks for a product that Riva is supplying. If this is what it turns out to be.

sorry, I dont know what plastic piece they are talking about. But again, this is over my head. He is claiming whatever the front of the drive shafts goes in to................

Quote Originally Posted by catchme View Post
    sorry, I dont know what plastic piece they are talking about. But again, this is over my head. He is claiming whatever the front of the drive shafts goes in to................
    The front of the driveshaft goes into the crankshaft and there are no plastic pieces in that area.All I can think he means is the little rubber plug that fits into the front of the drive shaft. Part no 27200173 have a look on Riva's original parts finder under PROPULSION SYSTEM - INTERNAL Ref No 37

The front of the driveshaft goes into the crankshaft and there are no plastic pieces in that area.All I can think he means is the little rubber plug that fits into the front of the drive shaft. Part no 27200173 have a look on Riva's original parts finder under PROPULSION SYSTEM - INTERNAL
    How did you verify the in was the cone before tearing into something else? I know I can just take the cone off and run it but if it not that, back to the dealer I go.

They said the piece on the end of the shaft was OK

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information