Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New RXP with two problems

Ok so I have put about 7 hours on my ski and have two minor problems.

1. The seat doesn't seem to be aligned properly. The gap between the glove compartment and the seat itself seems to be getting bigger the more it gets ridden. At one point yesterday I had a passenger and the seat actually felt like it picked up and slammed back down which was kinda weird. Is there a way to re-align the seat?

2. After about an hour yesterday the speedo stopped working until I hit 20MPH then would kick back on. Later in the day it completely stopped working and hasn't turned back on yet. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help

take it to the dealer to have work on warranty

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZinMJ View Post
    take it to the dealer to have work on warranty
    Normally I would but the dealer I bought it from can't get to it for like 2 weeks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach07RXP View Post
    Normally I would but the dealer I bought it from can't get to it for like 2 weeks.
    1) Look @ the seat and make sure that the metal piece on the seat is actually engaging in the "loop" under the glove box. It's easy to put the seat on incorrectly and bend these pieces.

2) Check for any garbage in the little wheel on the back right hand side of the ski. If it's free and clear tell the dealer you want a "place in line" and that you'll bring it in around the time that he's available. That way in the meantime you can keep riding it. I don't think it's an unreasonable request given that it's a new ski and none of it is really a significant issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_GP1200R View Post
    1) Look @ the seat and make sure that the metal piece on the seat is actually engaging in the "loop" under the glove box. It's easy to put the seat on incorrectly and bend these pieces.

2) Check for any garbage in the little wheel on the back right hand side of the ski. If it's free and clear tell the dealer you want a "place in line" and that you'll bring it in around the time that he's available. That way in the meantime you can keep riding it. I don't think it's an unreasonable request given that it's a new ski and none of it is really a significant issue.

Yeah I figured maybe the seat was on wrong so when I looked it seems like it isn't but when I do put the seat under the loop it won't set into the clips so I have to pull the seat back which takes it out of the loop.

I looked in the wheel but found a little bit of junk but didn't change anything. I made an appt for a little more then two weeks out so if I can't figure it out by then I'll just wait.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach07RXP View Post
    Yeah I figured maybe the seat was on wrong so when I looked it seems like it isn't but when I do put the seat under the loop it won't set into the clips so I have to pull the seat back which takes it out of the loop.

I looked in the wheel but found a little bit of junk but didn't change anything. I made an appt for a little more then two weeks out so if I can't figure it out by then I'll just wait.
    You can adjust how far out the loop sticks out, you'll probably have to remove the air box above the gas tank so that you can reach the back side of that loop, but it should be fairly easy to adjust. I'll look at mine when I get home if no one else has any suggestions before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_GP1200R View Post
    You can adjust how far out the loop sticks out, you'll probably have to remove the air box above the gas tank so that you can reach the back side of that loop, but it should be fairly easy to adjust. I'll look at mine when I get home if no one else has any suggestions before then.

Hmm I'll have to go and check that out.

+1
    You ever get it figured out? I forgot to look @ mine but I can tomorrow evening if you still need me to.

I went out and looked quick and that was it. Then I went out the next day and a friend of my dad's who is a mechanic fixed the seat. As for the speedo it is still hit or miss but seems to be working better now for whatever reason, but still stays off at times... Thanks for the help

Dont judge me...
    also welcome to the forum and please change your washers now...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information