Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

J tube and pissers?? What the???? Where the???

Ok I have the top of the hull off, I have a exhasut temp alarm going off and I'm running a Riva Stage 2 setup. Where exactly are the pissers and the J tube. I'm assuming the J tube is the exhaust piece going from the water box to the hull out lett??? But where are the pissers? I dont see any lines going to that part of the exhaust. The only thing I see is a hose coming off ofthe exhasut tube from the water box going to the outlet in the hull on the right side by the pump. I do see two small hoses with a yellow elbow in them zip tied to the exhaust by the coolant tank. Where do I look for the pissers I have followed the exhaust from the engine to the waterbox and then out the Riva through the hull exhaust. At this point I'm leaning on a plugged Riva Intercooler can I use radiator flush to clean that out or does it need to be condenser cleaner?
    Thanks,
    Mike

+1
    No, The J pipe is that stainless steel "J" shaped pipe going from the exhaust manifold to the waterbox on the left side of the engine compartment (as if you are sitting on the ski). The 3 pissers are on the inside of the J pipe where it enters the waterbox. You have to remove the J pipe from the waterbox to see them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    No, The J pipe is that stainless steel "J" shaped pipe going from the exhaust manifold to the waterbox on the left side of the engine compartment (as if you are sitting on the ski). The 3 pissers are on the inside of the J pipe where it enters the waterbox. You have to remove the J pipe from the waterbox to see them.
    Ok so how do I know if its clamped wrong?

Here's a pic of the pissers. I widened them out a little to make room for the addt'l water I have coming in. I get addt'l water pressure to the j-pipe by blocking off the water line which connects to the exhaust outlet. I've had it this way for 2 years!

Brendan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0707072208.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	30590  

Quote Originally Posted by BDNJ View Post
    Here's a pic of the pissers. I widened them out a little to make room for the addt'l water I have coming in. I get addt'l water pressure to the j-pipe by blocking off the water line which connects to the exhaust outlet. I've had it this way for 2 years!

Brendan
    So to what size did you widen them to and have you had any issues from doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    So to what size did you widen them to and have you had any issues from doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post

I wound up going with 2 drill bit sizes larger. We did a test by test comparison of stock j-pipe vs modified and it had to be 50% more water flow out the pissers with the same water coming in.

Again, we got the addt'l water pressure from blocking off the water line leading to the back of the exhaust pipe. Typically this line quiets the exhaust note. Sounds better now, imo!

I wound up going with 2 drill bit sizes larger. We did a test by test comparison of stock j-pipe vs modified and it had to be 50% more water flow out the pissers with the same water coming in.

Again, we got the addt'l water pressure from blocking off the water line leading to the back of the exhaust pipe. Typically this line quiets the exhaust note. Sounds better now, imo!
    You blocked off the water tube that attaches to the waterbox, where does the water go then? I dont know if thats a dumb question or not but i had to ask or did you re route somewhere? Also does that help cool the water to tho?

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn View Post
    You blocked off the water tube that attaches to the waterbox, where does the water go then? I dont know if thats a dumb question or not but i had to ask or did you re route somewhere? Also does that help cool the water to tho?
    I blocked the water line that typically attaches to the very end of your thru-hull exhaust pipe. Right before the thru-hull coupler itself. You block-off the hose leading to it (buy a good cap and clamp) and you block off the fitting itself (on your Riva tube or whatever type you have). You're not blocking any water from the waterbox; we're increasing flow to the waterbox, just ahead of the exhaust temp sensor.

So have you encountered any issues with this mod?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information