Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2000 Virage, won't turn over with lanyard in

I have a 2000 virage that developed this starting problem a couple days ago. If the lanyard is out then it turns over but does not start of course. If I put the lanyard in then (most of the time) nothing happens when I press the start button. Now occasionally it will turn over and start so it seems that it must be a short somewhere. Anyone have any ideas? It's a brand new battery with 12.7 volts showing on the display.

Thanks

+1
    Welcome ,hope we can help you get back on the water and not just stationary .

Is this a virage Injected ski?

Bernie

+1
    Try this hold bilge button down and crank ski at same time ,Does it start then ?if not .Bridge the two red wires (one from +ve on batt other to starter )on the solenoid .It is located on the battery .Follow larger red wire till you find it .Use a coin or a spanner and bridge it across .make sure you have no fuel smells around as if you get it wrong you might get some sparks .The lanyard must be in .Does it start now?

Bernie

Thanks Bernie for responding. It is not fuel injected. And I went to test it with the pump on like you suggested but it was in a working mood. I don't think I mentioned that the problem is intermittent but most of the time it does not work. But of course, now that I want it to not work it just works. The only thing I did was to take the electrical hub apart and make sure all the wires were connected and nothing was obviously wrong.

I will wait for it to quit working again and post back.

Thanks!

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Does it happen only when the ski is warm or hot?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

CDI

The Cdi Thinks Its Still Running,common Problem With The One Button Start Stop Feature.need To Open The Electrical Box Under The Seat,locate The Cdi Ignition,locate The Red/purple Wire From The Cdi.disconnect It.reconnect It To The Orange Terminal On The Terminal Board,problem Fixed

Thanks, that sounds exactly like what is happening. Please excuse my ignorance but I only see 2 black/white wires coming from the cdi. What I think is the cdi is the black box with 2 cables that go to the spark plugs. Can someone point me to a schematic or something that will help me out?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    The Cdi Thinks Its Still Running,common Problem With The One Button Start Stop Feature.need To Open The Electrical Box Under The Seat,locate The Cdi Ignition,locate The Red/purple Wire From The Cdi.disconnect It.reconnect It To The Orange Terminal On The Terminal Board,problem Fixed

Well I guessed that the cdi is what is labeled pvl. So, I disconnected the red/purple coming out of the top of that to the orange terminal. Unfortunately this does not solve the problem. Still does not turn over with the lanyard in. Maybe I did this fix wrong? Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by josephus View Post
    Well I guessed that the cdi is what is labeled pvl. So, I disconnected the red/purple coming out of the top of that to the orange terminal. Unfortunately this does not solve the problem. Still does not turn over with the lanyard in. Maybe I did this fix wrong? Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks
    Is your soleniod brown or black?

My solenoid is black.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by axgrider73 View Post
    Is your soleniod brown or black?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information