Electrical prob 99 genesis?

I have a 99 genesis 4 seater, I press the start button and it buzzes until I let it go, donts even turn a little bit... Seems the buzz is coming from what I think might be the CDI box? Anyone have any ideas what it may be? Cleaned the terminals did nuttin, and dont look like its reaching the starter to say thats bad...

+1
    Sounds like flat battery to me .Need at least 10.5 volts whilw cranking .The buzzing is the solenoid tryinfg to stay engaged but as the volts drop the fields lose their ability to hold contacts engaged and it chatters .Charge the battery or replace it with a known good one and try again .Let us know because it could be other things but we will start on the asy ones first

Bernie

Thanks I will try and charge it in a few min and see what happens but the volt meter shows 11.9 so its prob not this? Will try it anyways with a lil boost, brand new battery as well, not a well known- sears pwc bat. but new, maybe a month old...

No it's not the battery, fully charged it and still the same exact buzz, no turn over...

Quote Originally Posted by Dicedrop25 View Post
    Thanks I will try and charge it in a few min and see what happens but the volt meter shows 11.9 so its prob not this? Will try it anyways with a lil boost, brand new battery as well, not a well known- sears pwc bat. but new, maybe a month old...
    Are you checking voltage with a volt meter or just the gauge on the display? Use a volt meter. Also, what is the voltage while cranking? Remember, just because a battery is new doesn't mean that it is good. Let us know what you find.

+1
    Ok .Last easy bit .Bridge across starter solenoid .Thick red wire from battery + ve to a either black (old style)or brown connection point where the two red wires are side by side .Use spanner or coin and bridge across the terminals .Make sure you can't smell fuel before you do this .It may spark .If it cranks over it is the solenoid if not then we look at a few other things .First take cover off coupling at rear of engine .You will see a part about as big as your fist with a stainless shaft going into it .There is a flat section on the back of this and you need to try and turn the engine .It should not be difficult to turn .If it turns freely or with little effort then we look at starter motor .If it is tight we then take jet unit apart .Once you have jet unit apart ie shaft pulled out of the output coupler .Try turning engine again .If no turning of coupler we need to find out why it is siezed .
    Let us know
    Bernie

Thread Information