Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ram air mod

+1

Ram air mod

Has anyone done the ram air mod? Or any other fresh air mods?
    I have 2 of the Flowrite vents and will be installing them this weekend along with some changes to the 2 front intake vents.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Opposite the gas fill on other side I am making a custom air inlet. I should have it ready on Sunday to post. 3" aluminum tubing with a cnc flange very similar to the stock plastic ones. I'll be replacing the two rear air inlets too.

Opposite the gas fill can also accept the factory air inlet fitting. I actually purchased an extra, but decided to fab my own to hopefully eliminate water ingestion.

Where are you putting flow rites?

I did the ramair mod but w/no flowrites.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Opposite the gas fill on other side I am making a custom air inlet. I should have it ready on Sunday to post. 3" aluminum tubing with a cnc flange very similar to the stock plastic ones. I'll be replacing the two rear air inlets too.

Opposite the gas fill can also accept the factory air inlet fitting. I actually purchased an extra, but decided to fab my own to hopefully eliminate water ingestion.

Where are you putting flow rites?
    Similar location to the photo. I have a 3" 2 into 1 fitting that I may use to run both the front vent hoses into then position it near the air horn on the intake. I am also working on a plastic piece that will fit behind the front vent intakes and hopefully direct more air into them. It should also block the air from going directly over the vent intakes and into the dash pod area. Got this idea from Mykull.
    Hey Mike. Got any pics of your Tide bottle plastic piece?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flowrite.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	30475  
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 07-06-2007 at 07:35 PM.

+1
    Just be carefull on that two into one as if the craft ever capsizes, you might take on water real fast. Mental image: picture your craft rolling over while looking at it from the rear or front. So long as one of the ends of each tube is above the waterline, there should not be a problem.

Check the gas fill area on other side...perf spot to add another inlet with hose that runs directly at the intake. (right under the flush port) It's totally protected from direct flow of water. I would assume structurally safe as well since it's a mirror image penetration for the fill neck.

+1
    I'll check out that location. The way I see it, the more air coming in from the front the better.

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Jimmy, Here ya go. Its really a piece of hi-techie material off the space shuttle, it will cost ya big bucks!! LOL Mike

Name:	!cid__Picture029.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	30476  

+1
    [quote=earthshaker;335446]Just be carefull on that two into one as if the craft ever capsizes, you might take on water real fast. Mental image: picture your craft rolling over while looking at it from the rear or front. So long as one of the ends of each tube is above the waterline, there should not be a problem.

Shaker,
    How low in the hull would you mount the front inlet hoses to avoid this problem? I would like to bring them up higher than they are now. How close to the inlet of your intake are you running the vent hoses?

+1
    my front factory ones are going to most likely be left alone (as far as the routing). It's not only how low, but also left or right when you have to upright the craft.

I may just keep the fronts factory all together for the initial stage and add the 3rd one right away, 3".

The 3rd one will most likely rise out of the hull 2" or so to thwart water ingestion and get it closer to the side cowling, then 3" urethane ducting in the hull. This one will route over ~close to the Riva intake.

In your case being the r-rated is way up front, i'd route a third over to the opposite side, either over or under the intake.

For the rear ones, i am ripping out and 3" just works perfectly and will have two bilge blowers back there on their own isolated system.

If you don't care about using the storage area that often, Maac Racing is just about to release a new hood that is designed to get outside air in and fastened with Zues type fastners....no more hinge.

+1

Ideas for front hose position

Here are a few front shots of the R-Rated intake. I have not yet decided where to position the front vent hoses to blow fresh air towards the intake air horn. I was thinking about running them all the way down to the bottom of the hull and then back up. If I can get a long enough "U" coming up from the bottom, hopefull this will help with water ingestion. I am also considering Earthshaker's idea about adding the 3rd hose on the opposit side. I think I remember someone...... maybe it was Harry who posted a pic showing how he had cut the front lip off the vent intakes. has anyone done this?
    P.S.
    The intake cover had a ton of dust and fine grit on it when I took the pics this morning. That collected in only 2 rides. Makes you wonder how much dust the stock intake allowed to be sucked in?

Name:	Intake 004.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	30510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Intake 005.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	30511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Intake 001.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	607.3 KB 
ID:	30512  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information